RADIO TIMES / TOTAL TV GUIDE Sep 10-15

A mixture of the light and serious this week.
The light - what else - involves Joe and Bert who team up to get the better of rival Cecil Jackson after they’ve sneaked into his garden and got an eyeful of the size of his award-winning veggies.
But then grisly shocks might be in store when one resident’s murderous secret is unearthed …
The serious side involves Adam and Ian and their plans to adopt. They attend an information evening, but then a spanner is thrown into the works by a very unexpected source.
Roy sees a face from the past and finds out more than he wanted to know about Phoebe. And his growing romance with Lexi is haunted by past experiences.
Toby has a new high-maintenance girlfriend (presumably the Sian in the cast?) who causes a stir when she demands to meet Pip, who is horrified at the thought. Their encounter ruffles a few feathers.
Harrison is determined that the cricket season will end on a high.
Oliver goes back to Italy to sell his villa.
Helen has a word with Johnny.
Tony charts unfamiliar ground.

Thanks to Toffee from Peet’s

2 Likes

[quote=“JustJanie, post:1, topic:607”] … grisly shocks might be in store when one resident’s murderous secret is unearthed[/quote]I’m voting Hilda Ogden for this one.

Shame though. Lexi would offer more of a storyline.

4 Likes

Now that I’ve heard today’s episode, I suppose Hilda’s been killing all the birds in Peggy’s garden which is why she doesn’t want a bird feeder. She made up the story about squirrels.

One of our cats, Pippa, was found to be a serial killer and hoarder of the skulls of squirrels. When we had some work done under the porch we found her collection. I know it was her as I caught her trying to sneak a headless squirrel into the house once.

She was grey and fluffy and looked a bit like them and used to play with them when she was a kitten. Then …

2 Likes

You are probably right, Janie. Cue a lot of virulent anti-cat sentiments being aired. The whole Hilda thing pisses me off intensely. As a cat character, she is not believable. And she doesn’t make the right noises. And she hasn’t curled up on Peggy’s face and suffocated the old bat.

Bad Pippa. Clever Pippa too, though. The hoarding definitely suggests a ‘serial killer’ mentality, but then I suppose that is just one definition of ‘cat’. Although as far as I know, Mrs B. Cat has never caught a bird. I have rescued a few mice from her, either for coup de grace or release. I’ve never had a deaded present from her (frantically touches wood).

2 Likes

I don’t want Hilda to kill off Peggy, I’d rather leave that pleasure to Christine. And I agree the story’s all wrong. They seem to know as much about cats as the do about horses.

2 Likes

Cats rarely kill their owners, but are pleasingly lacking in delicacy if there’s already a body lying about. Which could give someone a Nasty Shock. I can think of plenty of deserving candidates.

3 Likes

You imagine they are stupid enough to be found out if they do? Bless yer Spadger’s innocence. All those instances of people falling downstairs, supposedly tripped by their pyjamas or slippers? Think again.

3 Likes

Who would suspect evil intent in that twining round your legs they do?

3 Likes