Rosie's Christening

…is bound to happen, isn’t it? Jill’s reaction should be entertaining.

3 Likes

Why does Toby want her christened? What is his motive?

4 Likes

To stop Carol Tregorran rendering her down for flying-ointment?

3 Likes

Presumably to keep in Daddy’s will good books.

Though of course the real reason is the anticipation of Jill having kittens; cue interminable repeats of “Gran, there’s something I want to say” plotus interruptus. In the end it’ll be nothing and the reason for Dullen’s introduction is finally made clear; Jill has now learned to move on

3 Likes

I dislike people being deliberately nasty to other people for no particular reason; Pip’s malicious unpleasantness to her grandmother and to her brothers is the reason I think her an odious character.

5 Likes

I’m surprised at you! How you can say such a thing?

One reason, shurely?

4 Likes

He wants an occasion that implies he and Pip are a couple and this is because he took Robin’s advice to heart: marry that girl. After all, the first or perhaps second thing Toby observed when he met her was that Pip came with a farm attached. Moving his stuff in, doing Pip’s bidding … my prediction is that a proposal is in the offing.

5 Likes

Moving his stuff in is slimy.

5 Likes

Using Roooaaaarrrrghhhheeee plus his cargo-bike (I’ve come to the conclusion it must have been a cargo-bike (see other thread)) ding-ding!

4 Likes

He might be using the bike; but Ruairi is at school at the moment.

4 Likes

Well, he’s supposed to be…

Remember JD popping over from SA to deliver a casserole or something?

4 Likes

And still being at home? Yes.

4 Likes

I reckon she travelled by bedroom.

4 Likes

Now there’s a thought! It explains everything, almost.

4 Likes

…on her bike? Perhaps she has a ladies bike, that is a bike for a lady! Not one of those awful man’s bikes with the big, round, ugly tube thingy coming out from the front of the saddle, but a lady’s bike! …or a cargo bike?

4 Likes

Calm yerself, Laddie and go and read The Third Policeman. 'Tis an awful warning.

4 Likes

THIS IS A VERY SAFE ROAD. a BOY CAN CYCLE ALONG IT WITH HIS EYES SHUT.

THIS ROAD HAS BEEN AWARDED THE
VERY SAFE ROAD PRIZE
IN
THE ALL-IRELAND COMPETITION
FOR VERY SAFE ROADS.
ANY BOY CAN CYCLE ON IT WITH HIS EYES SHUT.
TRY IT TODAY.

4 Likes