So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

I confess that I have no clue about the techy stuff, joe. Your poor legs, though…
I hope that The Hens have given you a rapturous reception.
Soo xx

5 Likes

< small awed and croggled voice > Urrrk.

4 Likes

absolutely no reason why you would—or should! FWIW, basically it’s a bunch of sound sources and filters—a very basic generalised synth. As configured in that pic, it was producing lots of stormy, windy noises.

The pins are OK, but suffering a bit from the rather over-long gap between dressing changes—ten days.

As for the chooks, I think the most accurate translation is “Oh, your back. Where are the sunflower seeds?” (I did buy some on the way back from the clinic!)

5 Likes

Happy sigh.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Done much with csound? (It’s more my sort of interface than that pointy-clicky stuff.)

4 Likes

Rather a lot! It’s what I started with—in fact I even wrote some introductory notes for it for a few composer pals. Max/MSP is actually very similar, in that you still have to think parametrically, albeit the routing between objects is more intuitive. I certainly felt more comfortable with the concepts underlying Max having a good grounding in Csound. SuperCollider is another good one - same sort of syntax as Csound, but more geared towards live coding.

5 Likes

Urk

Joe and the wee birdie are speaking in tongues

5 Likes

Tongues that make strange and arcane noises!

5 Likes

Gawds you two and yon Bull will be in heaven chatting fluent Linux/Unix…

4 Likes

And we will find something else to talk about.

3 Likes

A Good Ploy, Fishers.

It may say something about my age and stage that the first thing I thought about for my jollies was a small pack of ‘emergency oatcakes’ to be stowed in the car. Then, two pairs of boots - one for dirty and one for clean. Starting to worry about myself, now.

We had a power outage, this morning, but I think that the Airport was unaffected.

Soo xx

3 Likes

Won’t we just!

I have just been to the doctor and have a ninfection of the kist

So stair rods and bread mould agogo here

5 Likes

Pah. Bleedin’ bacteria, think they own the place. You givvem What For, Twellsy.
Bah!
Gxxx

4 Likes

Pore Twellsy!
Aye, fight those little horrors off and get well.
Soo xx

3 Likes

I will try my best to be a good patient and let the pills work

I am not very good at being good though!

5 Likes

Well, just be a very bad host and kick those little buggas out, Twellsy. With a little help from your medicinal friends.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I second that. You want to be well for the weekend.

5 Likes

I will be

I have looked forward to this for aaaaages

6 Likes

And Flump

My lovely Stepdaughter drove up from Bude today & picked me up from the station at 5-45pm

Everything is organised, including encouraging Aunt’s Partner to book them in to the Hotel where the Reception will be held (!) She has a place in the Funeral Car, so she didn’t dare argue… :wink:

I have to speak to the Celebrant tomorrow afternoon - he is calling at Fambly Friend’s house between Services, & that’s everything done

I have eaten summat & am now going to Flump in me kaftan

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

It seems that all should be in place and as Good As It Can Be, Carinthia. Flumpage izza Good Thing. I wish you strength.

I very much hope that you are well for the weekend, Twellsy and that all other revellers will be full of vim and vigour. I’m not envious - not much - but I’m looking forward to reportage (allowing for some discretion, of course).

Soo xx

5 Likes