So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

The Armrest here. Only just spotted that. Quite marvellous & how could I be offended ??

I believe it’s Rosie Mabbott’s birthday, amongst other people. Hippy Bathday to all with a burpday today.

8 Likes

Tush, Armrest, and also fie upon you. ’ Who is Rosie Mabbott? It is our own Fishy of whom we think and speak!’ (a possibly slightly misremembered as well as butchered quotation from one of your very favourite writers, namely Austen, J).

House point for R Mabbott’s birthday, though ;- )

Just had some drunken fool trying to unlock my front door. Patchfaced Oaf must have been out there and is obviously utterly useless as a Guardcat, despite the alarming size and sharpness of the claws he uses on those who love him - that would be just me, then. He’s come in and is rolling on the stairs displaying the splendour of his tum and froat and whiskers. The cat, that is, not the drunk.

7 Likes

Must be a singer. They always come in at the wrong place, and can never find the key…

7 Likes

Such bitterness, joe. < grinnnity>

7 Likes

:balloon: Happy Birthday, Fishers!
Soo xx

7 Likes

Happy Birthday Fishers!

yardarm

7 Likes

My grandfather, a dedicated smoker, didn’t usually smoke in bed but on one famous occasion, he did .

In his 80s, in hospital and confined to bed, he got desperate and lit up while hiding under the covers.

He was found out very quickly, when he set fire to his pyjamas.

8 Likes

Ooh! I didn’t know.

Happy birthday indeed dear Fish. Have the best sort of day.

7 Likes

Happy Birthday dear Fishy

Off to the kitchen to plot a party buffet

Ulster fries on the table

7 Likes

in the sparrer

7 Likes

Happy Birthday Fishy.

7 Likes

You are all lovely, and I expect to have a fine and interesting day; thank you all.

8 Likes

Seco…er Sixthed (at time of typing)!

Have a great day Fishers - just don’t do anything I wouldn’t do…

7 Likes

I take it that is not an unduly restrictive condition ;- )

7 Likes

Having met Joe I can say that he wouldn’t do anything I wouldn’t do

And you know how angelic I am!

7 Likes

I’m going to sit and have a little think about that, Twellsy, before I decide how reassured I feel ;- )

7 Likes

Happy birthday dear Fishy, happy birthday to you … :tada:

7 Likes

Well, basically, try to avoid consequences that can’t be overcome by a comforting wing round the shoulder and gin.

7 Likes

Dearest Fishy

I hope that you have enjoyed your day

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Oh, we had a lovely time!

We went to Reading to look at the plates Sudden Daughter had found on the Internet and thought she loved – Wedgwood Signet Platinum. But when she saw them and handled them in the flesh she absolutely did not love them, so we came away slightly baffled but with a Christmas present for her, a Royal Worcester Wrendale Mice Spoon Rest, so not an entirely wasted journey. And then on the way back to the car-park we had to go past the doors of House of Fraser, and their china department was literally just there, so we went in on the off-chance and found that what she really liked was Denby Natural Denim, and so for her very belated thirtieth birthday present I bought her six dinner plates, six medium plates and six cereal bowls and after some till-based kerfuffle we bore them away in triumph, only to realise as we sat exhausted having a Nice Cuppa before coming back here that they had not charged us for five of the medium plates. So back I went to pay them the extra sixty-five quid I owed them, and found that they couldn’t cope. For one thing, a customer who had been undercharged coming back to pay them the difference threw them completely; for another, they were unable simply to sell me five more plates, for some reason known only to their till, so they felt obliged to give me a refund for the whole lot and then re-charge me, which somehow ended up with me only owing them £59.70. By that time I was losing the will to live so I stopped arguing and just let them cheat themselves; at least it was being done by the floor manager, so the poor woman whose till had gone wrong (I watched her scan the eighteen items through the till, so it really was not her error) wasn’t going to get blamed for it, and that was the important thing.

We really didn’t set out to demoralise any shops, Carinthia; it just sort of happened

8 Likes