So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

{{{Sniggle}}}

I hope that you ate something, Fishers.
Happy birthday, still. Want some weapons-grade Sauerkraut?

Soo xx

7 Likes

I think I can answer for Wor Fish here. ‘No, and thank you kindly, and feel free to shove it somewhere dark.’
One does keep sauerkraut crocks in cellars, doesn’t one? Not in This Cellar, I hasten to add. Darrington would give notice.

6 Likes

Aye, reet.

Off to listen to Promsy pieces.

Soo xx

6 Likes

You’ve just missed the Aida march, dere.

6 Likes

Bzzzzzzz.
S xx

6 Likes

Vury vury good t’was too.

Though little is better than subtitles for grand Ipera when you realise that, very often, they are most trite.

#2 son has blagged a ticket for the mosh-pit tonight
He’s very impressed with himself.

7 Likes

Oh Fishy

That really gladdened my heart …

Do you think that Gin was taken after you had left ?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Cocky little twerp, innee.

Actually I am not jealous or bitter really: would’t fancy the reality of standing in the squashy moshiness of it these days. But I have never been to a LNOTP.

Hope he has a splendid time

6 Likes

I think they still had a couple of hours of being Open. I do know that the manager who was on duty for the first part of the exercise – and was asked to go and find extra bits of stock in the stockroom, and then to find a cardboard box to put it in, and who did as he was told without trying to argue – went home immediately after we had left, because he was no longer there when I went back about ten minutes later…

I didn’t know he was the manager, or I wouldn’t have been politely telling him what was needed!

6 Likes

I have vague memories of us pulling a similar stunt wrt a manager and the stock room at another branch of John Lewis. NOT the one where they ignored us sitting on their fridges and Playing Loud Poker-Dice…

5 Likes

Or was it the one where Mrs. Shanks surprised an amoeba working in his Saturday job as he told her, despite my very best attempts to deflect him, that the gas-fed double oven she wanted was not supplied because there was no longer any demand for them.

Phrases like “well, young man, I can assure you there IS demand because I am demanding it” would be on the very entry scale of her response. Poor little sod. I watched through my fingers. I had tried. But to no avail.

9 Likes

Ha! It sounds as if the Surprising Mrs S. would have hit it off splendidly with my dear papa. “But I am demanding it/calling for it” … < daughter shrinks into herself to an almost Black Hole extent, blushing furiously the while >

Oooh goody: here comes Percy Grainger - always huge fun, imo.

And loud applause for the change of moniker, dere!

8 Likes

Armrest

My phone now comes up with Armitage as an option if I type arm

I think I need strong liquors to aid my rehab from the vagaries of automatic spelling smarty pants phones

9 Likes

I’m on the Medicinal Brandy, Twellsy…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I think I shall call for Champagne All Round!

6 Likes

I’d be a happy recipient, Fishers.
I’ve listened to Steve Reich, Prominently (liked it) and watched The Man in the High Castle.
Bubbles may aid sleep.
Soo xx

5 Likes

What a splendid notion.
[proffers crystal bucket}

5 Likes

A very Happy Birthday to the Fish and congratulations of having a Sudden Daughter with such good taste. Lady Susan and I are big fans of Denby and I love the shape of their dishes, particularly the bowls, both the shallow and the deep. Mε γεια, or may she use them in good health, as they say in Greece.

7 Likes

Not the sort of customer they expect at HoF, indeed.

I have had some friends over and spent the day pretending to be, in approximate order: a rally driver, the leader of a nation, a xenon distiller, a cinematic burglar, a martial arts master, two separate bicycle racers, a sport fisherman, a treasure hunter and a librarian.

Orf to me nest.

7 Likes

You know, me dere ol’ passerine, you must have some very flexible friends. If I spent a day pretending to be

I would undoubtedly do myself an injury.
Bagsy ‘Librarian’. It is indoors, wiv books, and bananas and/or peanuts if one strikes lOoky.

7 Likes