So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

None of us is at the top of our game every day, joe dere

6 Likes

I am rarely at the top of my own imaginary game, Gus.
Carinthia will be travelling back to Blighty, tomorrow (I believe) and I wish her safe landings and happy sanctuary with good friends.
The antibiotics that have put the kibosh (sp) on my infection have further aggravated the wondrous efforts of the sauerkraut.
Ugh.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Yeah. Antibiotics can do that as they busily knacker yer gut flora. Poor Bee. But, haha, a Gus rejoices that one of the many circulating theories about the origins of ‘kibosh’ (correctly spledded*, as one expects from a Bee) is ‘Portland Cement’. Aye, well, me funeral homily is never going to dwell too much on me innate good taste, now is it?
https://blog.oup.com/2013/08/three-recent-theories-of-kibosh-word-origin-etymology/

Good night, dear Soo. No nocturnal maraudings on the sauerkraut, there’s a good Bee

< runs like hell for the nearest wormhole >

*seriously now, I want ‘correctly spledded’ shot and stuffed.

5 Likes

Waves to all at this unGodly hour

It has been a busy & emotional couple of days culminating in me herding a coachload of Chinese guests into the lift 6 atta time last night

Don’t Arsk…

Very much looking forward to seeing the Fishly-Dunnocks later

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Better avva

yardarm

to fortify you for dealin’ wiv aeroplanes & such like.

6 Likes

Didn’t you realise they are stackable? I’d expect to shift at least a dozen, more like fifteen, of the buggers per lift.

5 Likes

Morning

Bacon butties ready

Had friends for dinner last night - that is twice in one week we have entertained on our patio/drive/terrace

And did my work stint yesterday

I appear to have found a life all of a sudden

7 Likes

That’s a great post to read, Twellsy xx

Safe travels forra Carinthia and happy landings.

Good morning, all.

Soo xx

5 Likes

How is our wee bee today?

6 Likes

No longer norshus, thank you. More up to starting to pack for our annual pilgrimage to Ullapool.
Soo xx

7 Likes

Good

I like cellarati to be in good shape and feeling cheerful

Limpets seldom give away how cheery they feel

Isn’t that right Gus?

6 Likes

Moods of the limpet:

happy

sad

angry

being imposed on by a Patch-Faced Oaf

7 Likes

Nah, that last caption should in fact read “pulling a vulgar face at Certain Cellarites”.

5 Likes

Snork!
Soo xx

3 Likes

Carinthia asks me to share:

"Me, with NDN to my right, & Wilde Hilde to my left.

Fizz at 9-30 am."

5 Likes

Atta chatelaine

5 Likes

It sounds as if people are feeling reasonably pleased with life (well done for Twellies’ life) and I too am feeling Good today.

I have found my little box. I had used a needle from it to try to get the splinter out of my thumb, as I supposed I must have done, and then carefully put it away with the tweezers, in my bedside chest of drawers. Since this was last thing at night, I was technically asleep and had no memory of it the following day.

Measuring it suggests that it was made to a standard the maker no longer follows, because it is 7cm long, 3cm wide and 1.75cm high, and as far as I can tell the closest they now do to that is 6.4cm length, 2.6cm wide and 0.8cm heigh.

Ti-ra-la-la-i-tu! I gloat! Hear me!

7 Likes

So Darlings

Am at Koeln/Bonn Hairyport & have had a Big Beer &Summat to eat

In the Smoke Hole now

Happy Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Well, I am going what a friend describes as ‘The Full Mrs Brady’, having hauled unreasonable quantities of cat food back from me shopping expedition. Along with a tube of toothpaste ;- )

6 Likes

I did once scandalise Woking Sainbury’s by going in with some friends, and buying approximately eleventy trillion bottles of beer and one packet of crisps.

We’d already laid in all the food for the weekend; we just fancied whatever weird flavour it was…

5 Likes