So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Two bees greetin’, here. Silly Wizard! Sound of our shared youth. Thank you, very much.

Greetings of a different kind to you. I most certainly do remember you, Funny Mummy, and welcome you wholeheartedly. What’s your pleasure?

Soo xx

6 Likes

Gosh you really remember? Thanks Soo. I think a Champagne celebration of my rediscovery would be perfect - and some of Gus’s linguine would be splendid too, but for the roast beef salad that’s waiting for me in the kitchen.

Scrolling back, loads of names I remember still here, and I think 1 or 2 I don’t - is the fish the fish, iyswim?

(See what I did there? Fish, swim… oh never mind.)

6 Likes

Yes, I am; and I do too remember you! didn’t we have a conversation about Manannan being the son of Lir? I was sorry when I thought you had left.

6 Likes

Welcome, tfm! Currently in a pub in Hackney…

5 Likes

Wotcher!
Pull up a serf and make yerself comfortable, dere. Lovely to see you.
This calls for champage, in vast quantities.

I inherited some exquisite crystal quantities from a distant aunt (Tasmania) but they shattered in transit.

6 Likes

Welcome!

Will this do?

It can be a bit schoolmarmish, truth to tell. Wait till it starts telling you you’re hogging the conversation…

6 Likes

We did, yes! And was I a Niamh? (ans: no, but my families name was Manningham, from a place in Yorkshire meaning home of the tribe of Manannan.)

It’s good to be back - I never thought anyone would miss me or I’d have left a note or something.

6 Likes

Heh!

joe says hogging the conversation; I get “your post is very similar to” and then some other post which is nothing in the least like what I have just typed, or else get “you’ve replied to x several times in this thread, should you take it to email?”

5 Likes

Aaargh! Too many replies to reply to you all even were I not a very slow typist. Too slow to hog the conversation for sure!

The bottle will do very well I should think, what are the rest of you having?

6 Likes

Wouldn’t worry about that, we’ve a bit of a head start on the medicinals. Just over two years in fact…

6 Likes

I think I’ll have an Estonian Slammer to celebrate a welcome arrival.

6 Likes

A French 75 for me I think.

6 Likes

Whatever anyone wants all round on me anyway. OH is going to want his supper so I’ll have to disappear in a minute, buggrit! I didn’t expect so many replies or I’d have waited to appear when I had more time.

I’ll be back later if he doesn’t want to chat all evening. Can’t tell you how good it is to find you all again. Yay!

6 Likes

You must have the roast beef salad with a bit of bread, to sop up the effects of joe’s largesse, I think. Good to see you.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Yippee!

Slammers too

Happy Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

My large what??

Another thing that isn’t exactly in short supply here. (Note to self: bake bread tomorrow!!)

5 Likes

Because I am (occasionally) sensible, that’s what I did. Not home-made (I feel almost ashamed to admit that, having read upthread) but sourdough wild from the local artisan (stupid word) bakery. Not much point in making it when they do it so well & I can buy half a loaf at a time - it’s more likely we’ll run out than it’ll spoil. And anyway, I’m lazy.

If my bread needs ‘refreshing’ it gets 30s in the microwave. Yes, that lazy.

btw I’m only a ‘that’ rather than being ‘Lou’s’ cos I wasn’t allowed an apostrophe. Having said that, ‘that’ suits me rather well, and being able to have a purple piccie makes up for it.

7 Likes

Can you make yourself into some kind of Chicken Entertainment while you’re about it? They evidently take a keen interest in your doings, as today’s photie attests. It is not impossible that they see you as some sort of deity.

joe: chicken god or variety act? Discuss
(mwah)

5 Likes

This board can be a bit idiosyncratic about things like apostrophes, TFM. For a while it wouldn’t allow you to send it a post with fewer than twenty characters, until it was beaten about the head with a very old leek and made to see the error of its ways. Being able to say “Eeek” as a comment on someone’s post is important.

6 Likes

Not to mention ‘I agree’. I think it was the lovely irene who once got modded on the BBC boards for replying simply ‘I agree’. Hang on, it would have been ‘i agree’.

7 Likes