So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Ah. They’ve all been requisitioned for stage props, then. Which is no bluddy good to me when I want to make a Stoo.

6 Likes

Peeling that sort of onion is very good for a cold, or rather against one. I did it once with a sack of pickling onions: by the time I had finished, there was no snot left in me and the cold had put a little white hankie on the end of a stick and made a run for the hills.

7 Likes

My new knitting has a note in the pattern I’ve never seen before: After casting off one stitch will remain on the right hand needle which is not included in the instructions that follow.

Well dur! Have patterns been dumbed down since I last knitted?

7 Likes

Dear oh dear. What do you plan to do with that one stitch?

7 Likes

Keep on knitting it ever upwards to make a long rope to strangle someone with?

7 Likes

Umph. In isolation, that’s a little perplexing, TFM. Does in make sense in the broader context at all?

7 Likes

It’s not in the body of the instructions, just one of the additional notes in a little box along with stuff like ‘where only one figure is given this applies to all sizes’, and the warnings about only using the stated yarn or the sky might fall in. I honestly think it’s just there for idiots who think ‘dur, I’ve cast off the sleeve like it says and there’s a stitch left’. Saves them scanning the rest of the instructions to find out what to do with it.

7 Likes

I can report that the back of the Bull’s gansey is cast off

Looks all right

Just a rectangle of aran weight acrylic with 10% wool in stocking stitch

I will get my knitting friend to pick up the stitches at the bottom and knit a band

Or crochet it

If I am not carted off for putting one man out of the ward’s misery
Apparently one nurse is his daughter and another his wife

He communicates at the farmers’ bellow and is spoiling my beauty sleep!

Who said I need years of beauty sleep?

7 Likes

Dunno about you, dear, but I do. In the immortal words of Son and Hairless: I go bed now.

6 Likes

But Fishies are gorgeous creatures so beauty sleep is superfluous

Sweet dreams

I will quietly sweat and contemplate pest control
Especially noise abatement

Apparently the farmer chappie is now chasing cattle to the lift!

The Irish nurse has him sorted

The sweet gentle Indian nurse was a bit too sweet to get the farmer into his bed and taking his sleepy meds

7 Likes

Might this help?

7 Likes

I am blatantly breaking the rule about discussing other boards here.

There is marvellous news about Wombats in the Emma NR Cancer Copers thread in the Village Hall on Peet’s. It looks as if all the ghastly treatment has paid off and the tumour is no more.
How utterly bloody wonderful.

9 Likes

It’s the best news I have heard for a long time, Gus

Carinthia.xx

8 Likes

How marvellous

She has been a star coping so garaciously with such hideous treatment
Proper made my day that has

Joe can I have several of those handy wee guns?

I could use em on all sorts of irritants

8 Likes

Nah then, nah then, you should know better. We don’t do business like that where the fuzz can see. So just nip round the back…

yardarm

6 Likes

For news like that, I think mentioning another board is entirely in order, Gus. Thank you.

(It’s bad-mouthing we don’t want to get caught up in, really.)

5 Likes

Stunning news of Wombats. She is an amzing person.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I am raising a glass of Lucozade to celebrate Wombats fabulous recovery

Now the doctor wants me to wander around the ward

What could go wrong with a blind old bag who is dizzy and lightheaded and not in control of her feets walking around a strange place ?

7 Likes

I assume that you’ll be given some support, Twellsy. Good luck with the wanderings.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Use a properly adjusted Zimmer/Walker

You can be I/C Entertainment & it will be good fer yer chestals

Raining here…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes