So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

It wasn’t a ring pull can, Soo, but I will get one of those gadgets

The battery-operated can-opener is , actually, really useful, & was only a fiver

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I’ll send for one for you, too. I hadn’t made the connection between the batteries and the can-opener, duh, and thought about your poorly joints instead. This bee’s for bed. Have to be up and ready to ‘set up’ the village hall in preparation for yet another C… Fair.

Good nights, Cellarites,

Soo xx

6 Likes

Yet another Cellarite Fair? Hmm!

6 Likes

I like the idea of a Cellerati fair

We could have great fun

7 Likes

Is that code for ‘Morris Dancing’, dere?

6 Likes

Offering my services to run a bran tub for the littlies < orders gross of mousetraps, overnight delivery >

7 Likes

Candle lit, Soo

Am taking a bag of ‘goodies’ to Church tomorrow

Well, that’s the plan

The SVP have requested presents for teenagers azzan matter of urgency this year

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Mousetraps? Bran Sharks!

yardarm

7 Likes

Whereas an egg is not !

8 Likes

Morning all

Ulster fries on the table

I will run the petting zoo and pony rides at the cellar fete

I like the idea of Thelwellesque Shetland ponies chucking the wee dears in the convenient river where the pike are peckish so you get two reasons to hear the pretty screams

7 Likes

Hmph.

For reasons I won’t go into, I have volunteered to go and stuff envelopes in town today.

So last night the gout flared up, and I want nothing more than to stay in bed feeling sorry for myself… But I gave my word, so I am a bit stuck with it really.

Oh well. I would have to go out anyway; it’s the last flu-jab day at the surgery today, and I don’t want to miss it now I seem finally to have shaken off the cold.

7 Likes

Flu jabs are essential Fishy

Apparently they have the most appropriate strains for this year’s version of flu so it will be most effective

They don’t always get the right strains

7 Likes

6 Likes

Are we having littlies at the fete? I was thinking more of ‘adults only’. No, not in that sense, just eliminating the possibility of shrieking brats. We could still have all the children’s attractions, scaled up a bit where necessary, but just enjoy them ourselves.

Can we have donkeys? Pretty please? I love donkeys.

5 Likes

Ouch! Painful. I hope it improves soon.

5 Likes

??? wee birdie??

I was thinking of the parrot a goat or two and a brace of labradors (nice wet muddy labradors) to slobber and bounce over dear childer in good clothes

Parrots bite and goats can be awkward if you don’t respect them

5 Likes

TFM

I adore donkeys too

Actually I think a brace of donkeys would be nice in the cellar

Outside by the gin lake and my trapeze of course

6 Likes

Oh yes, that would be wonderful. We could stroke their gorgeous soft noses whenever we’re feeling stressed. There is nothing in the world that feels quite as lovely as a donkey’s nose.

5 Likes

And their gentle soft lips when they lift a treat from your hand

I once had the pleasure of helping to deliver a donkey foal

There is NOTHING as adorable as a donkey foal

6 Likes

Sounds as if after the first row of booths that’ll be all that’s left.

7 Likes