So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Izzit too late to add Moar Gin to the delivery?

6 Likes

Just don’t get falling-down drunk before it arrives; you need to be able to open the door!

6 Likes

For a minute there I thought you must be Manx - ‘moar’ is Manx for ‘big’. Big gin, not a bad idea in the circumstances.

Spoilsport! But you’re probably right*.

*Not you’re probably tight, which I mistyped the first time.

6 Likes

I know three Manxmen, each of whom is a bit odd in a different way. (But compared with Finns they seem practically normal.)

6 Likes

Alas, not tight; but I have voted (after checking the website at https://www.remainvoter.com/eu-voter-region-by-postcode ) and I have taken the DDD out for almost an hour, with no trace of a limp from her Hurrah!

She is now out in the garden in the sunshine, and I am contemplating a curry sauce for some bratwurst we happen to have, and buttered-white-cabbage-with-onion-and-caraway-seeds to go with it. This menu plan is mostly because I found the cabbage lurking in the fridge and it will go off if it is not eaten within a reasonable distance of Now.

5 Likes

Manxwomen are much, much odder - as you’ve probably realised by now.

It took me a moment to catch on there, I had honestly not realised today was the day for that. We are most wonderfully out of the loop here.

Hurrah! indeed, for a sound dog. That is much more important than some stoopid election.

5 Likes

Mentioning the stoopid election was perilously close to being political, but it was actually what I did (as well as failing to get a haircut because the person who cuts my hair was not there today).

I do feel that it is pretty-much a civic duty to vote if the opportunity arises, on a use-it-or-lose-it basis which makes no sense whatever, but there you are.

6 Likes

I’m 100% with you on the subject of voting, ‘tis just that the opportunity does not arise here today since it is nowt to do wi’ us. And in the case of this particular vote, for that much grate.

Hmm, and that, I suppose is definitely political. Forgive me for I have sinned.

Have another drink instead.

6 Likes

Good idea, though it may have a strange effect on the curry sauce…

6 Likes

I know you said they can’t be imported … but I’ve posted 3 of the little gits. They’ll arrive on Saturday.

It’s probably better than me shooting them … in SOME people’s eyes.

Oh, & Finn’s are barking. Every single one.

7 Likes

Thank you! that is sooo generous. I’ll be ready & waiting for them…

https://www.wideopenspaces.com/5-best-squirrel-recipes/

6 Likes

I win Today, then, because I both voted and got me hair cut.
If it makes you feel any better, it’s not a particularly good haircut, and the perpetrator had much in common with Emma Grundy.

6 Likes

That all sounds like heck on earth, Gus. Might a fortnight of studious hair ignoration produce a more satisfactory result? Permanent ignoration of the EG one?

I had thought of sending you all pics of deer, looking gorgeous in our ‘back garden’, but suspect that venison recipes could result.

Soo xx

5 Likes

But as long as you don’t go out and read the recipes to the deer they’ll be fine.
A photie would take me mind off me hair [wheedle wheedle]
Gxx

6 Likes

Venison? Yum. We don’t have deer here either. Not a one.

We do have bees though and I have just been reading about bee hotels being built not far from here. Might you be coming to stay soon?

6 Likes

You’ll need to scrunge your eyes up to see this (better pics are taken on camera, rather than 'phone):

Doe is exiting, stage right.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Yay! Thank you, wee Bee
Gxx

6 Likes

Only if you promise not to prepare me for lunch, TFM :wink:

Soo xx

6 Likes

I promise. I’ve never really been tempted to eat bees.

I do believe limpets were frequently eaten though, once upon a time. But we’d better not mention that.

6 Likes

Limpet teeth are very strong, I’ve been told, TFM

I’d love to know more about the Isle of Man.

Soo xx

6 Likes