So, who wants to help ... to cower in the cellar?

Which reminds me, Twellsy, Mr Janie just sent me this:

8 Likes

Snork Janie

There was a bakery that refused to make a wedding cake for a gay marriage in Belfast

Homosexuality was against the baker’s fervent Christian beliefs

7 Likes

Yes, exactly, Twellsy. The NewYorker is good at taking the piss out of That Sort of Thing.

7 Likes

I once had a labrador bitch who smiled at everyone, most people understood but the window cleaner was terrified of her, he was sure she was snarling.

That all sounds utterly wonderful soo, I would be very jealous if we hadn’t had a lovely day ourselves, of a very different sort. We have been out most of the weekend enjoying the big party that this whole island turns into at this time of year. Just getting out and soaking up the atmosphere yesterday, the beer village on Douglas prom last night, and the first practice session this afternoon. I am now very tired and hungry but still looking forward to the rest of the fortnight.

7 Likes

Fab, TFM. I am very glad.
Soo xx

6 Likes

A colleague once arrested twenty of these evangelical Christians for assaulting people by grabbing onto passers bye and detaining them to sing hymns at them

When folks are annoyed enough to report the Christians to police you have to act

When they got to the station they sat and sang hymns at the security guards who were taken out of the sanger to deal with the prisoners

The sergeant was out being driven by me and the look on his face when we arrived back to process the prisoners was priceless

8 Likes

I used to go to the IoM for the Manx rally

A crowd of us would all stay in an hotel together and marshal the rally where we were needed

Great craic

6 Likes

Plenty of that here at any time but esp during TT. The only downside is having dodge the suicidal element amongst the visiting bikers but you get used even to that.

6 Likes

Where suicidality in TT Week is concerned, one of my Manx friends claimed to have seen the time a mod rode his scooter along the front. Apparently the bikers were very nice about it. They just took it apart, component by component, and handed him all the bits to take home with him.

6 Likes

Most of them are very nice full stop. It still amuses me that they roar around looking like a bunch of Hell’s Angels then when they stop and take their helmets off you realise that their average age is well over 50 and some look more ready for an invalid scooter than a motorcycle. But they are here to have fun, and have fun they do.

7 Likes

Good nights. It’s a packing-up kinda time.
Back south tomorrow.
Soo xxxxxx

6 Likes

Gin, Dear

You need Gin

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Morning a;;

Bright and breezy cool weather here

Bacon butties ready

Fresh loaves out in 15 minutes

Extra crusty loaf forra chatelaine

5 Likes

Sunny day again.

Happy dog will run and run

yardarm

for us all

5 Likes

Exciting things here

Man with a digger coming on Wednesday to lay a terrace and patio in solid weedproof stone

NOT a stone and gravel affair that is a weed paradise that I am fed up of digging out weeds from March to October

Joe will attest to Irish thugs of weeds that are fecund and reproduce and scatter seeds with the greatest alacrity

Yellow limestone terrace and a patio of a deep coloured sandstone that calls itself camel dust
It is a deep rich colour that is like a mahogany when wet

So it will be a luvverly patio all year given our arrid climate in ye olde west

6 Likes

Starting the day with haiku, Bird?

5 Likes

We call it the wildflower display.

6 Likes

For the first time ever, I didn’t stay up for the Election results -another Carinthian Tradition gorn

Hey Ho

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

There’s a difference between tradition and masochism.

Well—for most of us.

Probably.

5 Likes

'Nuff said.

5 Likes