So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

Thank you dear Gus

I am not great with punctuation so
a blue pencil at my efforts is much appreciated

5 Likes

As for the saltpetre I know a number of people who have it

You do remember my contacts from work

5 Likes

Nah, red pen. Always. [grinnity]

Ohhhhhh, yes. [further grinnity]

6 Likes

Proffers :cocktail:

Soo has her own Bottle from The Cupboard

I do have an Kilo of Saltpetre, azzit happens…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

koff, koff. Of course you do, Darling.
Gxx

6 Likes

Morning all

Bacon butties ready

Fresh loaves coming out of the oven in 10 minutes

6 Likes

yardarm

onnan soggy day.

5 Likes

Thank you wee birdie for sorting my error out

6 Likes

Well, everyone would wish for a truly functional, free-access-for-all public health system, but there’s always going to be a compromise: private health insurance in Ireland is very highly regulated, with such things as “lifetime community rating”; premiums can’t be linked to your condition, or increasing age (there is an age-based “loading”, a fairly recent thing, which is based on your age when you first take out insurance). Many European health systems are insurance-based - with a universal mandate, with welfare covering insurance for those unable to afford it. It’s an ongoing discussion here, whether to go for an NHS-style “free at the point of access” system, or a universal insurance based system. Meanwhile there is reality: the public health system is strained, and with those who can afford it having private cover, this does help reduce the strain on the public system. Yes, there’s constant arguments about the right-ness or wrong-ness of consultants working in both sectors, and it’s not going to be resolved as long as there are serried ranks of “managers” and “bean-counters” instructing the medical practitioners on who they can treat, and how. And because of it’s regulation, insurance is reasonably affordable. I have heard of “plans” in the Great Yew Ess of Ay which feature massive “deductibles” (which you have to pay before your insurance even kicks in), and which still cost PER MONTH what ours costs PER YEAR. VHI (the original, state-owned health insurer) has overhead running costs of something like 5% - it’s pretty darned good.

We could also wish for the great Carbon Fairy to wave her/his/its wand and suddenly make all cars run on “green” (not fossil derived) hydrogen, mass-conversion become viable for electricity generation, and cows to stop farting. Meanwhile, we cope, and do what we can.

5 Likes

and if we happen to have a diesel car because that is what they wanted us all to get last time they were changing their minds about these things, we can look forward to a bill for ten thousand quid or so since we can’t exactly expect to trade it in for very much, now can we.

6 Likes

I think that the belching is worse. Actually, a creamery in California has been feeding its cows with red seaweed and this appears to have reduced the fermentation which leads to methane production. I read the rest with interest.

Soo xx

5 Likes

You’re absolutely correct! But “fart” sounds ruder, and more expressive :japanese_ogre:

5 Likes

I have just taken delivery of two reindeer

B knitted them for our Stanley range engineer’s very prem identical twins

I always try to give a token gift for new babies and this one is just perfect as it’s in the run up to Christmas - two reindeer in red dresses with their name knitted in white on the dress

The sweetest bits are the gorgeous knitted antlers - tiny wool antlers so they are safe for a child

I may be a bit mushy about these beautiful things all wrapped and ready to go

6 Likes

The lady at my Church who supports an entire school with Mary’s Meals has just knitted an Nativity/Crib set with Kings, Shepherds, JM&J and The Wee Donkey to raffle orff for next years efforts.

As ever, with knitting, I marvel at the amount of work done, especially to make small things…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

HBCs now available. The loaf is hideously bulgy and misshapen (and wholemeal) so feel free to hack it back into shape.

5 Likes

I have made a few toys but I am nowhere near B’s standard - she is an expert knitter who always has several projects on the go

I will ask the Bull to take a photo and show off B’s talent on the appropriate thread

4 Likes

Ooo yes please Gus

I love wholemeal

I have a caldron full of beans chickpeas onion and martyrs and cauliflower sitting marinading in a tikka and yogurt marinade for dinner

As ever things like that grew and wholemeal bread will go very nicely with tikka veggies

6 Likes

\_____/ <----- Me Plate

6 portions of Lasagna in the freezer, plus 4 half-portions, or hot snacks.

I ate the corner bits… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

< me beak

Made some lens caps today.

6 Likes

But are they good wiv butter?

6 Likes