So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

\_____/ <----- Me Plate

6 portions of Lasagna in the freezer, plus 4 half-portions, or hot snacks.

I ate the corner bits… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

< me beak

Made some lens caps today.

6 Likes

But are they good wiv butter?

6 Likes

You can’t take pictures of me with that.

Why not? Do you believe it will steal away your soul?

No, you’ve forgotten to take the lens-cap off!

6 Likes

As requested & promised:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Not a brand I’ve used, so can’t comment on that particular mic. Looking at the specs, the frequency response isn’t great. Might be OK if you’re only going to use it for speech, but I reckon you’d be better off going for something a bit more versatile. This is the one we use for pretty much everything - really lovely mic:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rode-Microphones-NT2AANNIV-RØDE-STUDIO/dp/B004L06ZCM

4 Likes

It’s a Rødent. You keep råts?

4 Likes

Joe thank you

I am going to get chapter and verse about the specs and comparison of that for ever and ever Amen

4 Likes

I mostly use cheap rubbish, but if I were laying out money for a good mic I’d be looking at Røde first.

4 Likes

Joe, thanks for that - I’ve never heard of them but I will look them up! The application is not only nothing but speech, it’s quite low bandwidth: think AM (medium wave) radio and you’re about there (FM “wide” transmissions - the best quality used apart from some esoteric digital modes - use a maximum 12.5 kHz - technically a maximum “deviation” of 5 kHz). We’re talking ordinary telephone quality here!

Heil is quite well known and seems to be generally well thought of for amateur radio use - so the necessary adapter cables to connect them to popular radios (with a separate PTT switch) are readily available, theoretically I guess most mics are XLR so there should be such a thing as a “standard” adapter. Yeah, I could probably make one up myself but I’m trying to avoid that fiddliness :slight_smile:

5 Likes

And that dear cellarati is the Bull being comprehensible to mere mortals like me!

I just hope he refrains from fluent Unix or Linux

4 Likes

I know that feeling! Though I do often crimp ethernet cables for Feral, who regards this as a minor miracle.

yardarm

7 Likes

“A tangled cable is a happy cable” as someone once said.

Meamwhile, Sparrer, could I have the lend of a loan of yer bow and arrer? Only there’s this fecking robin shoutin ’ its beak off…

6 Likes

Robins got no respec’. Tell it there’s a sale on at Primark.

6 Likes

And how do sparrers show respect?

6 Likes

Not Bein’ Seen. (An important skill, when one is small and reputedly delicious.)

6 Likes

Wee birdie you are the most delightful darling of a bird that will never feature on my menu

6 Likes

Member of a vanishingly small subset of the feathered population, then…

5 Likes

Fair’s fair. I’m quite fond of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Main Course.

5 Likes