So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

Hope all goes well and the procedure makes a real difference, me dear
Gxx

He didn’t, you know;- )

7 Likes

All the best, Twellsy.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I am back and I felt nothing - just a bit of pressure when the local was put in

At 85 C my noives are dedded I hope

7 Likes

Gawds, Masterchef quarter-finals has the chefs making a meal using tinned/preserved ingredients. Cassoulet with cockles & Spam, anyone?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Feck. Off.
(Them, not you, Darling)
Gxx

6 Likes

Tonight, my al tonno sauce for pasta employed tinned tuna, anchovies, tomatoes and bottled olives. Am I wasted, here? Or, should I be?

Soo xx

6 Likes

I had something involving baked beans and cooking-cheddar. (That Fish is off on a jolly; the smell of bb-s is offensive to it.)

6 Likes

Only one tin, Hedgers. I have you whupped!
Soo xx

5 Likes

You probably should be wasted, and I’d like to be. Gin?

(I wouldn’t say no to the pasta & sauce either.)

6 Likes

I thought you’d never ask.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Well I’d only just got here or I’d have asked much sooner. I’ve been trying to work out (over the telephone) why OMCB’s hot water, isn’t. Tricky when I’ve no idea how the system - 12 flats, 1 boiler - works. Have given up and suggested she use the immersion heater.

My brain hurts so I need lots of gin.

5 Likes

I do like the ‘challenge’ round, & the larder/stores they had choose from was magnificent. They couldn’t drive a tin-opener though… :wink:

Late Aged Aunt used to bottle the surplus tomatoes from their greenhouse & all my Austrian friends have larder shelves full of preserved fruit & vegetables.
They do pickle stuff too, & dry, preserve in oil or make booze from whatever they can…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

With commiserations, TFM.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Mam’s family were assiduous picklers, Carinthia. I didn’t catch the bug, but DD and SiL are keen.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I do like to make the occasional batch of pickled garlic, I’ve done eggs too, and even onions, though they’re hard to get right.

7 Likes

Morning

Pile of bacon butties left

I am off to do silly shopping
Being measured for bras and winter every day shoesies and brooch backs and blank hair clasps and stuff like that and new jeans and tops and pjs and all sorts of stuff

It will be such fun for me and the poor Bull will just suffer while acting as my bearer

I’m officially excited

I love that sort of shopping

7 Likes

You’ll be wanting this 'ere

yardarm

then…

7 Likes

The Dad was also a prolific pickler and as far as I am concerned, his onions have yet to be surpassed.

Meanwhile, am digestin’ breakfast (bacon, sausage, tomatoes, mushrooms)…

6 Likes

My digestion is still rebelling against the very thought of Those Things the sparrer mentioned having pickled. Not the garlic or the onions, the other things, I won’t bring them up again. Though I’m sure I would, if I were made to eat them.

6 Likes

Breakfast here is a feast of olive-bread and chicken and one of my favourite chilli sauces.

6 Likes