So, who wants to help ... to flummox the cellar?

Please. Cheers, Darling.
How are the shingles?
Gxx

7 Likes

Says very carefully that I think that things may be improving.

Last week was a strange one with a lot of discomfort & mega bouts of sleep. I didn’t even order my Sunday newspaper, as I was asleep all day.

I was going to collect a prescription this afternoon, but decided against it, so will try again, with renewed purpose tomorrow.

I was also going to colour my hair, as I look like a badger, but am not doing that whilst I feel so off kilter

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Say rather “Elsa Lanchester”, dere!

7 Likes

The Haslet is cooling, & tastes wonderful

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Temptress!
Gxx

6 Likes

I expect there to be a few more Derbyshire Dunnocks around tomorrow… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

[innocent tseep]

6 Likes

Morning all

Our hovel has competing yet complimentary cooking wafts around the house

Last night’s chipotle chickpea barley risotto with a good portion left for tomorrow and the slow cooker doing tonight’s rich beef and veggie stoo which will have dumplings cooked in/on it

Good food for a diet is that if you are aiming for more avoirdupoids rather than fewer

8 Likes

You could eat Healthy Food, or you could just eat less of the Good Stuff. Having encountered low-fat ice cream, I’d rather do the latter.

Or get lots of exercise of course. [flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity][flappity]

yardarm

6 Likes

I eat less good stuff and fill up on salad before a meal

I remain a rounded sort of a person

Bacon butties ready

7 Likes

I was rather taken with Queen Victoria’s approach to weight loss, as described on R4 the other day - eat exactly what your doctor told you to eat and then eat all your normal diet as well. Good thinking, that.

7 Likes

I knew a man who, when he hit twenty stone, decided that something had to be done about it. So he bought a large pack of Complan in each of the three flavours they had then, read the instructions carefully, and had the recommended amount at breakfast, lunch and supper.

Note that I said at, not instead of. He drank it with the meals. But I don’t think he would have known about Queen Victoria as a role model.

7 Likes

Heaves at the thought of Complan :nauseated_face:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I am remaining at 90-100 kilos but I am losing height so I remain round

But alive and I intend to stay that way by cooking decent food from scratch so I know what is in it daily as much as possible

I firmly believe that good nutrition leads to better health

7 Likes

Less to do with avoirdupois than with bread-making, but my current earworm is ‘I’m doubled, I’m doubled, I’m doubled in size…’
Enjoy it, all.

7 Likes

Ha Ha, Dahlink

There is a distinct shortage of HBCs in The Cellar…

Just sayin’

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

A half and halfer wiv sunflower and pumpkin seeds should become available at about 2pm, Darling. Best get those elbows sharpened.
Gxx

7 Likes

Hides under table to be safe from elbows

Has grabber thingy in her hand to ensure bread can be snaffled

6 Likes

\_____/ <----- Me Plate

<<<------>>> <----- Me Elbows

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

[strops beak against convenient empty snail]

7 Likes