So, who wants to help ... to frivol in the cellar? (Part 2)

TFM
I am plotting adoption of alpacas and booking a room on the farm for a few days every month

It would be a tragedy if the alpacas :llama: were to go a day longer than necessary between shavings

Wot?

I would share the yarn with ye lot

Think of the cosy socks you could have

5 Likes

Yarn would be wasted on yer bee Twellsy. I’d adopt an alpaca in a heartbeat, but my list of adopted animals is too large to squeeze another past Mr Bee.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I will have your share then and make you a felt hat

I got three necklaces as momentos with the money my mother left me

Black pearl choker

Lifeboat 200 silver gilt necklace with Grace Darling etched on it

A pendant from a Gaeltacht living jewellery designer in the shape of a standing stone with freedom written in Ogam script on it and three diamonds for the lakes of Killarney where I have such a lot of friends and fun

So it ties a lot into one piece

And means I will always have a memory on my person

ETA

Where is our Chatelaine?

She is awful quiet

5 Likes

A good way to spend your inheritance as each piece means a lot to you, Twellsy.

Orff to bed. Best nights, Cellarites.

Soo xx

6 Likes

[yawnity] tseep?

Definitely a solid grey tseep.

yardarm

5 Likes

We are going to go and see a possible replacement car for the one which has become convinced there is something wrong with it and has a quick scream every two-and-a-half miles on average some trips. It’s done almost 300,000 miles since 2007 and we deserve something more likely to be reliable as we hurtle.

This may not be the right one, but it’s something to look at and compare against others if it isn’t. The present one is not going to pass the MOT if it keeps up this screaming, but that isn’t until January, so we have a bit of time in hand.

5 Likes

Our Fiesta is lounging about having its clutch replaced (£518, apparently). I have shown it a yellow card, as last year it required a flexi-hose and four new tyres which cost an arm and a leg. Morning :smiley:

Soo xx

6 Likes

Off to friend’s forran cuppa.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Afternoon all

5 Likes

I’m here, I am struggling with hay-fever ATM annan headache.

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia. xx

7 Likes

Sorry about the hayfever, Carinthia. You might be better off in our snowstorm, which we’re having at the moment, winter’s last gasp, I hope.

Upon checking the weather, I see that the snow doesn’t eliminate the pollen, so I might have to take that back! Indeed, I’ve got a bit of sniffles myself from it.

7 Likes

I suppose that any precipitation may ‘bring down’ tree pollen, Janie, and we’re all having that in one form or another! Miserable, mind.

Soo xx

7 Likes

Not a like-like, as you know, Carinthia.

Soo xx

6 Likes

It decided to tip it down here for a bit but has now stopped, so no doubt the local pollen is dusting itself down, ready to resume its assault on local noses.

:sneezing_face:

(I’m fortunate enough not to be affected much; that’s just solidarity)

7 Likes

We think we like the car.

The details may still be up there… https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202403278013071

The last one has done 296,000+ miles, and we are hoping this new one may manage at least as much.

And yes it is a diesel, and yes it is ULEZ-compliant.

6 Likes

We are getting our new bar unit delivered

So far it has done the hokey cokey about twenty times and is still in the hall

The living room door has come off and the blacksmith made hinges removed

We are now demolishing the bedroom wall in the hall

I am sitting reading my book club book

5 Likes

In some ways it’s good, makes everything look pretty again. It’s all a bit brown and dreary at the moment. Anyhow, it’ll only last a day or two, temperatures going up Saturday.

6 Likes

That car looks crackin’ good, Fishers. I’d have it, but I’d let you test drive it forran while before deciding upon our next one.

Salade Niçoise for dinner, here.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Supper here was sandwiches

The kitchen is in a state of chaos

But the new dresser looks great

Beautiful three quarter inch thick pale oak throughout the thing which calls itself a bar unit but I call storage for Ken attachments and remoska and toaster and gin and all sorts of kitchen things

I have enough to supply a commercial kitchen with spares really

6 Likes

Oh, sounds lovely. Can we see a picture?

5 Likes