So, who wants to help ... to frivol in the cellar? (Part 1)

Wot, all six ovvem? He never stood a chance, foolish feller…
Safe journeys and a comfortable billet, me dear. And the wishes which go without saying, consider 'em said. The Ma wishes all well too, with added support for Poodle.
Gxx

5 Likes

Soo I can guarantee you won’t care if you are sleeping
with Poodle the gorgeous or on a cloth line

You will be helping with the grand bee and tending the daughter Queen of the new hive

I am fizzing with excitement for you dear twin

Please furfle the gorgeous Poodle :poodle: if you get the chance

5 Likes

I’ll let ye know when we leave. Thanks for the wishes - hopefully we won’t be leaving until after the weekend. Fuzzy hugs to The Ma and anyone else who’d appreciate them.

Best nights, Cellarites,

Soo xx

6 Likes

Mwah, Twellsy.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Leaves Extry :cocktail::cocktail::cocktail::cocktail:

Justin Case

My Mother made wonderful brandy snap

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

One has to be deft and move swiftly, Darling, and be a bit fearless about burns (ah. have just realised and accepted lack of deft). Hat off to your mother anyway. You grew up wiv skilled cooking.
Gxx

6 Likes

I can see her now rolling them on the handle of a wooden spoon, or laying them over oiled oranges to make baskets.

Proffers Medicinals

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Accepts medicinal with thanks and raises glass to our Chatelaine’s ma.
Hugs, Darling.
Gxx

6 Likes

She would have been 83 in June.
I never imagined her getting old, TBH

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

One only develops that kind of imagination when it’s likely too late to make a difference, mostly.
Gxx

6 Likes

At this end, just to be clear.
Gxx

6 Likes

The single most underrated item of culinary equipment. Woe betide anyone who misuses or misplaces MY wooden spoon. (No hole in the handle, so much easier to keep clean when making bread.)

6 Likes

I use them quite a bit in Normal Times. Cheap, clean, plenty of breakfast, nobody waiting up to say “I saw ‘em comin’ in wiv a bag marked SWAG at half past three”. (Some of these considerations may not apply to you.)

6 Likes

Very comfortable beds, & decent bathrooms too, Soo

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Tweaks have been required to the PC’s functioning and the laptop has decided it’s had enough. So, I’m late in reply.

Thanks for the Cellarly assessments of Premier Inn. Although I’m not likely to be creeping in with contraband under cover of darkness, a B&B owner waited up for us once - we’d been to a folk concert and returned around 22.40 (I think she thought it was too much excitement for folks of our vintage).

It has been raining, and the humidity has shot up. A brief walk followed by shopping, I think.

Soo xx

5 Likes

I feel strangely disappointed…

5 Likes

So do I

I imagine a bit of the grand larvae like a lock of hair being smuggled out of the house by doting grand bees

6 Likes

When I forget to call the

yardarm

fings gets weird.

6 Likes

Thanks for righting that, Gus. :cocktail:

I have been busily preparing food for the freezer or us, Azz for washing, I am at the stage of wanting to wash stuff before I’ve worn it, iyswim. Mr Bee izz lump hammering any memory that our old PC had and hazz a satisfied aspect to him.

Soo xx

6 Likes

We have dined on tandoori chicken a la moi cooked on the rotisserie with me made Mumbai potatoes

It was nice to sit in the sun and watch dinner cook itself

7 Likes