So, who wants to help ... to instaurate the cellar?

And Flump

Have been into town this afternoon & am somewhat weary, but still just about upright.

I was going to buy strawberries, as today would have been my Mother’s Birthday, therefore the start of the strawberry season for us.

Didn’t like the look of them, so have indulged in Yeo Valley lemon curd yoghurt instead…

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Oh, what a shame. Not at all the same thing, Darling, I know, but happy to split this pack of (yellow-stickered) Scottish raspberries with you.
Gxx

7 Likes

Candle lit for your Mother’s Birthday, Carinthia.
Soo xx

7 Likes

There is many a woman now walking the streets of London through putting whisky on top of gin cocktails.

6 Likes

Thank-you both.

She made a layered strawberry shortcake for her Birthday, so that was 3 layers of her wonderful buttery shortcake, which was slightly thinner & softer than shortbread, English strawberries, & fresh cream.

Such a treat!

She would have been 82 today. I knew that she wouldn’t make old bones, (she died aged 58), & cannot imagine her at 82.

:clinking_glasses: She didn’t like booze, so I’ll have her share… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Caught ye!
Soo xx

7 Likes

Love it!

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

“If you would like to know where this woman drinks regularly, apply to…”

7 Likes

Department of Health and Social Care
39 Victoria Street
London
SW1H 0EU

6 Likes

Stolen from elsewhere:

“High traffic areas”? Ow.

yardarm

6 Likes

Not just ‘ow’ but redundant: 'for better protection ’ is enough to get their point across.
Talking of ‘ow’, am receiving a practical education in the differences between a cat and a horse. Horses don’t like treading in people…

6 Likes

Yeah, but when they do you get a great big tromple and quite possibly broken bones, which I trust the Oaf has not yet managed to inflict.

6 Likes

(says nothing about other cellerati damaged by cats)

7 Likes

That’s actually a very good description for what the Oaf does, trompling. It conveys both vigour and enjoyment.

6 Likes

Yup. TFD’s left foot was trompled (agree, lovely word) by his horse in 1989. It has never been the same since.

6 Likes

With some horses it is more a case of they stand on your foot so you can’t get away, lean lovingly against you and Hough in your hair whilst you bellow at them to get off, you clumsy great ox, and try to push them away while you are unable to get any purchase because one of your feet is fixed to the ground.

No malice is involved.

Seventeen-hands-plus and furry ankles are particularly prone to this misplaced gesture of affection.

7 Likes

Oh yes! That is so true.

6 Likes

I had a pair of jodhpur-boots one of which had a permanent semicircular dent in the toe where Major did that, but luckily no broken bones, only bruising. But the boot was just a little uncomfortable for months, until I grew out of it lengthways and could get rid of it with honour.

7 Likes

Fishy did you know Charlie who I worked with?

He pinned a foot under one of his soup play hooves leaned on you locked his bones and went to sleep

I adored that clown

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after reaching the maximum limit of 10000 replies. Continue discussion at So, who wants to help … to flummox the cellar?.