So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

What new hell is this?

6 Likes

I may well plant the Union Jack into the front hedge … just to piss off Mrs. Plaid Cymru across the road.

Most things feel better when she’s upset.

7 Likes

She’s just one single neighbour. I feel like that about the majority of a) my compatriots; and b) my species.

Bring On The Limpets, thass wot I say. Oh, and C’mon Cymru, obviously ;- )

6 Likes

I did have a note through the door last week asking if I would like to join in by having my own personal tea-party on my own drive.

I didn’t actually get fully dressed until 4pm today, as I got abit chilled dozing.

Tomorrow is also World Red Cross day, as it’s Henri Dunant’s Birthday.

Proffers Medicinals

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I’ll drink to that (shuttup at the back, ta), Dahlink.
Gxxxx

6 Likes

I’m inclined to agree. In other ways, I’m quite fond of the buggas. But - wot did they do with me Labour Day? Ugh. Back to me jigsaw.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Not at work, but one of Feral’s boxes blew up last night so it’s all go.

[delicate sippity gin]

yardarm

6 Likes

Yuck! to all of that. This FB post from a friend and all round lovely guy sums up how the day should be marked, as far as I’m concerned…

8 Likes

The thort of a tea party in the garden with no guests is dreadful simply dreadful

Some of us have better things to do than catch gerrummnms from our neighbours attempts to be friendly

I just want to finish my parrot before I go mad trying to keep cats and knitting seperate

7 Likes

That’s what the dolls are for.

(In pathological cases, cats dressed up as dolls.)

7 Likes

Remembrance isn’t rationed, of course, but we already have a perfectly good 11 November.
And I shall stop there (although we also have a perfectly good politics thread)

5 Likes

What happened to ‘Protect the NHS’?

6 Likes

Staying at home rather than presenting as bonkers seems to me as though it should save NHS resources.

6 Likes

Ye gods! dollies too!!!

Is there a cellar boke bucket for them of us as hates the mawkish idea of dollies tea parties involving anyone over the age of 5?

7 Likes

I was thinking more of the blood transfusions and stitching that would be needed by anyone trying that kind of thing on a self-respecting cat…

8 Likes

I think it’s just “the Cellar”.

Feline Stockholm Syndrome…

7 Likes

Blimey! Is remembrance ‘politics’? Not in my head it ain’t but then, I don’t ‘do’ politics - or read politics threads for that matter.

Still, I shall consider myself rebuked and not mention my take on this subject again, even in reply to what others have said about it in this thread.

6 Likes

Not at all, TFM

It’s all slightly (!) surreal, isn’t it?

In another life, many moons ago, this was the busiest week of my year, as I was the volunteer responsible for fundraising for The Red Cross in Chesterfield.

I used to visit 10 Pubs per night collecting money & didn’ t have a drink in any ovvem…
Friday & Saturday were the Street Collections in the town.

If that wasn’t enuff, it was often the Eurovision Song Contest on the Saturday night… :notes:

I may be found drinking Medicinals, & rocking gently this afternoon…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Remembrance isn’t politics, necessarily, but the moving of the BH this year and the whole subliminal narrative of the bunting-infested celebrations that were planned certainly is.

I wasn’t rebuking you, TFM, and I’m sorry it came across that way and very sorry indeed to have offended you.

6 Likes

Not at all, just a bit pissed off - and a lot puzzled, tbh.

No problem though.

5 Likes