So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Do I perceive correctly that there was a b*ll involved?

On one occasion with Faithful Hound, we were chucking a ball into the river and she was bringing it back; then on one throw it caught a current and drifted out a way, and she Looked at us, and we said “no, good point”.

But a few minutes later it had drifted in close to a different bit of shore, and she was distinctly disbelieving about going and getting it…

6 Likes

There is usually a b*ll involved, Hedgers. Poor FH. Loss of trust can be tricky for Dogs.

Well, it’s time for walkies. The post-trudge treat today will be banana and walnut cake anna cuppa.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I think it was more a case of “But you said I wasn’t to. Make up your minds!

She has known all along that we are a bit Lacking, after all.

6 Likes

I suspect that any attempt to be on more than very superficial terms with our neighbours has been set back twenty years or so by our not choosing to go out and play rounders in the street to celebrate VE day – well, it looked like rounders. We were already regarded as A Bit Strange because of computers and so on, and this will have put the tin lid on it.

We may also go to the Wrong Pub; I have never seen any of our immediate neighbours in the wonderful pub at the end of the road, and that too may tell against us.

7 Likes

It was bingo earlier.

I suspect they may be the sort of people who don’t go to pubs.

7 Likes

Funnily enough, that’s exactly what I’m planning for this evening. I have a distinctly underused pizza stone sitting by the oven. And some interim minestrone to use up a couple of tins of butterbeans (see Recipes thread)

6 Likes

Then why would one wish to be on more than superficial terms with them anyway? Chalk it up as a fortunate escape.

[mutter][grumble] bluddy rounders

7 Likes

Interim minestrone

Love it

Carinthia.xx

8 Likes

Even better if delivered in a strong Belfast accent

8 Likes

Someone on the old BBC board so enjoyed Ian’s pronunciation of ‘patatas bravas’ in The Archers (apologies for mentioning it here) that they saved it as a ring tone for their mobile phone.

9 Likes

Just out of curiosity, for the mention of precisely which of:

• the old BBC board
  • Ian’s pronunciation of ‘patatas bravas’
  • The Archers

…do you most feel the need to apologise? :wink:

Actually, I’m tempted to open that up as a poll

8 Likes

This is the Not-The-Archers bit of the board, so probably the last-mentioned.

8 Likes

LOL!
Soo xx

7 Likes

Any update on the pizze?

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Yep. It’s been et. And rather good it was too :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Remarkable attention to detail there… :wink::joy:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

The pastry of the pizza was a savoury short crust and it actually managed to avoid the dreaded soggy bottom

The topping was tomato puree mixed with water and olive oil and sliced onion and mushrooms tossed in the mixture and this put on top of the pastry with a bit of grated cheese and whatever toppings you fancy

The Bull seemed to enjoy the simplicity of this compared with my usual yeast crust pizza

5 Likes

Did you all use savoury shortcrust as a base?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Mine was postponed - I was overruled and bolognese prevailed. Interim minestrone was deemed a success, however - and the great thing is there’s enough of both to provide lunch and dinner tomorrow.

Baguettes may be made and converted into garlic bread…

4 Likes

Yes
200g sr flour
85g butter

Milk to bind

Rub butter in and bring dough together with just as much milk as needed for a firm dry dough and turn out on a lightly floured board and roll out to a centimetre thick circle which you transfer to a baking sheet

Handle lightly as I bet the pastry would go tough if overworked

6 Likes