So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

How many did you have dear chatelaine?

We went to see the Antanov

It’s big

6 Likes

Ruslan or Mriya? (4 or 6 engines?)

5 Likes

6 engines 32 wheels 6storeys high ginormous beast

The Bull might post a photo or three later

It wasn’t as noisy as I thought it would be…

7 Likes

Mriya … aka AN-225, the big beastie. There’s a tweet from Irish Rail:

https://twitter.com/IrishRail/status/1270613332991660032?s=20

While that loco was being unloaded, I was sitting in another aeroplane quite nearby, waiting to depart (for where, I can’t remember, but probably bound for the Middle East).

7 Likes

Picture - just turning at end of runway after landing:

an225

7 Likes

Deep joy!
R3 just broadcast Der Hölle Rache…
sung by a parrot.

8 Likes

I really really wish I’d heard that.

7 Likes

I had 1, Twellsy, & am about to have another…

Have been to the Post Office, collected me Prescription & stood in DiL’s garden & shouted Birthday Greetings at her.

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Try iPlayer/Sounds later this evening. In Tune, shortly before 6pm, so 50+ minutes in.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ll probably subject TFD to it too, I’m sure he’ll be grateful.

6 Likes
7 Likes

Mwah! and thank you, joe.

7 Likes

Hope that’s put everyone in a good mood. See how considerate and helpful I am?

Good, because I may be calling on you as character witnesses after I my next encounter with eir…

7 Likes

Joe I have just spent an hour watching parrots sing

Wonderful

8 Likes

Use the AR phonetic alphabet on the eejits

6 Likes

“'E was in the Myopic Mendicant all evening.”

7 Likes

Thank you Joe! I think the woman (I was going to say the soprano but hey, they’re both sopranos) may have the edge musically but I’d rather watch the parrot. Parrots (and donkeys) always make me smile.

7 Likes

I was thinking of a brick through the window. Not vandalism, nor even anger - just likely to be more effective than any other means of communication they allegedly provide.

This day last week we actually agreed a resolution; now it appears that no one bothered to act on it. When we chased it up, we got the plan confirmed - only to then receive a “confirmatory” email outlining a package that’s barely better than what we have (or are supposed to have) at the moment - but with yet another price hike.

The problem is that none of the departments seem to talk to each other. Even the engineer was complaining that if he has to call, say, sales, he has to go through the same call waiting rigmarole as we do. The agreement we reached was evidently not passed on, so when the “loyalty” department (there’s optimism…) contacted us, they simply went for the hard sell again.

I have a feeling this is going to end up in the hands of a solicitor…

6 Likes

Would your equivalent of an MP be any use, Joe?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

That’s truly terrible service, from people whose raison dêtre is servitude.
Have a donkey:
This is Poppy, who Mr Bee ‘adopted’ for me for Christmas. I haven’t been able to meet her, but I’m happy that she is cared for.

The jigsaw remains a mystery :frowning_face:

Soo xx

7 Likes