So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

You have seen the size of me.
And you know how much I like a drink.

Both are good reasons and the latter makes it suitable Lenten wossname, dunnit < sobs >

5 Likes

Pore Gus. We shall have to lay in some non-alcoholic beer for the Cellar.

4 Likes

Please not to trouble on my account. Wondrous and varied teas and Fentimanā€™s Rose Lemonade (which is actually palatable and potable wivvout alcoholic addition. Gorgeous, in fact, but also an arm anna leg).

Anyway, I am Happy, because a handsome young fellow decided to have a good snuggle with me. (A collie called Badger. See, itā€™s not just cats - all animals know Iā€™m a mug.)

6 Likes

Good luck with dry Lent, Gus. Iā€™ll not be doing it, this year, as I managed 6 dry weeks before Christmas and 6 days of dry January. Pancakes will happen, chez bee. Weā€™ll put chopped chives in the mix and have creme fraiche with lemon and capers and loadsa smoked salmon on top.Weā€™ll not be shriven, at all.

Soo xx

5 Likes

Sounds delicious.
What I am aiming for is shrivelling ;- )

5 Likes

Today is the day for using up the good stuff, Gus.

Sundays in Lent donā€™t count, BTWā€¦

I usually take on summat I really donā€™t like doing for Lent, & today, a Noo wireless router arrived

It will prolly take me 40 days to set it up

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Which is why I shall not be wasting valuable beer time fannying around with pancakes!

Oh crikey. Good luck, Darling.

6 Likes

Very true, but I went out and bought tonightā€™s ingredients this afternoon.

I am worrying about a shrivelled Gusā€¦

Soo xx

6 Likes

The time to worry is when it has happened, which it may never. Dinna fash yerselā€™, wee Bee.

7 Likes

Am Pondering me choice of fish for tomorrow. It may be Florentine again
I donā€™t fancy eggy vegetables, & I love spinach.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

canā€™t go far wrong with smoked haddock, Darling

6 Likes

This heathen is not giving up anything

Except knitting orang mark 2

This is due to a shortage of wool and inability to drive the 20 miles to get more wool

6 Likes

Iā€™d offer the trebuchet, but I donā€™t have ballistic tables for bulk yarn through snow.

Yet.

5 Likes

Mug a local sheep, Dere.

5 Likes

Strangled Snorkā€¦

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Wotta good idea! Been looking for an excuseā€¦

5 Likes

Cheers, joe.
I am about to ingest indecent quantities of cabbage, a prospect I am viewing with modest anticipation.

Guses likes cabbage

Some belly pork in an impromptu quasi-Oriental cooking sauce is involved.

Lots of grated ginger, half small oniongrated, teaspoon lazy garlic, a good slosh of soy, spot of mirin, dollop of sweet chilli sauce and a bigger dollop of extra-vernacular pomegranate molasses. Seems to be working rather nicely.

6 Likes

(mode=small voice)
the pancakes were good
(/mode)

5 Likes

Yay! and hurrah! for good pancakes.

< beady glare > they were the canonical version, I trust.

5 Likes

Yup. Old-fashioned flour milk egg salt no messinā€™.

5 Likes