So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Was a bit late coming to the discussion, but you all know there’s a standing offer of large quantities of the main ingredient, don’t you?

Rather than the usual pale yellow, ours were a quite resplendent orangey gold. The gurlz dun good!

5 Likes

Haven’t seen a report, otherwise, of the Gurlz, joe… Ye could trebouchet some over/up here but…

Did I ever tell you about me Mam, smuggling eggs? Well, she did. During WW2 she was a nurse in Newcastle, but her home was on a Northumbrian small-holding. Granny packed a ‘cardboard’ suitcase full of fresh eggs for Mam to take back to the hospital, where she worked. Waterglass was employed, I believe. Mam was stopped at Newcastle Central by the police, who asked what was in the case. ‘Eggs’, she replied and he didn’t believe her, letting her go to enjoy the contraband with her fellow workers.

Our pancakes were a bit rich, which just serves me right. (Must learn how to scourge, in a future life.)

Soo xx

5 Likes

Joe

Of course the gurlz did good
Henses are clever

6 Likes

Henses, if they have any sense, will be fast asleep.

And awaiting orders from Cellarites (in their dreams).
Best sleeps, all,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Tseepin’ right they were!

Not that I would turn down some leftover belly pork and cabbage should there be some going to waste, you understand…

5 Likes

Have a large bowl at the ready, Sparrer, else this could be messy. Not a large portion as such, but I hope you enjoy it.
KERTWOINGGG!!

KerSPLATT!!

There you go, Dunnock. Fill yer beak.

5 Likes

Brings in a tray of Restorative Gin, to cut through the cabbage…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

So thortful, Darling :wink:

5 Likes

That’s me…

I brought the Vodka too…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Now that’s wot I call planning, Dahlink. A tower of strength, so you are.

5 Likes

I am sitting here repairing Underpinnings

Sigh
Washeen decided to chew 2 bras

How very dare it?

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Two?

The pore fing was clearly hungry.

Ooof, not an easy thing, repairing underpinnings. You have the skill, I know, but please go gentle as you can on your hands, Dahlink.
Gxxx

5 Likes

Effected with the use of compression gloves & Much Swearing

Needed doing though, they cost £42 each

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

If I were to say “Blimey, so that’s £168!”, you’d hit me, wouldn’t you? Which wouldn’t be good for your hands, so I shan’t.

I merely had the fun of deploying the laundry with the assistance of a cat who was desperate to get Involved… The late and much lamented Pidge was a terror for the washing, particularly sheets, when she became Satan’s laundry-maid, but Oaf hadn’t been so interested. Until tonight. Git-cat. But quite disarming when he comes downstairs on his ear out of sheer Joy that one has come home after a 2-hour shopping foray.

You need rest, Dahlink. And probably a middle 'normous Pitcher.
G xxxx

7 Likes

Yes please, Dahlink

I am usually very particular with my laundry, & they were in a net bag, but it still happened

Sigh

It is snowing like Hell

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Should cool things down a bit for when I get there :wink:
But what a nuisance. I hope you don’t have to go Out in the wretched stuff, dear Chatelaine.

A final glass of wine is going down the me, it not technically being Lent until I have gone to bed. Actually, tecnically it absolutely is, but you know what I mean. Well, I do, anyway.
Gxxx

6 Likes

Liturgical Dawn mebbe?

We were promised an Ice Warning from midnight till 10am, but it’s just a normal slightly chilly day.

yardarm

5 Likes

5 Likes

Dark Mild, Taylor’s, Thwaites, Bass, Tetley’s … my weaning* drinks and very much the stuff of a South Lancs boy.

*Once I got past lager & lime … my 15yr old entry level in pubs. Do you recall when being 15 or 16 in boozers was quite the norm ?

6 Likes

Blair’s son’s time, wasn’t it? Twenty-five years or so ago.

6 Likes