So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

About 1979-80…

5 Likes

I was a good girl and only had a half of shandy in pubs

Then I met gin…

6 Likes

Love at first sight, was it?

6 Likes

Yes

6 Likes

That rather depends which half…

6 Likes

The bottom half of the gin dear Joe

5 Likes

Oof & Uuurrrkkk

Bitovvan morning here:
Friend* rang in hysterics/grief/rage insisting that she was going mad & that I had to come.

*84 year old, widowed 6 months ago , & like a broken bird.

I got dressed & went round, wondering what I was going to find.

She needed the usual list of papers to take to the bank, to get access to some money. Everything was actually in really good order, & "filed’ after a fashion, but it was beyond her this morning to find it.
With prompting, we found his death certificate, his will, her passport &, eventually, a recent utility bill in her name. I 'phoned the very nice woman at the Co-op Bank to make sure that she had the right things, & put them all in an envelope for her.
Whilst I was outside, having a smoke, she got ready, & I gathered bags, walking stick & gloves, & drove her into town to the bank.
I parked outside, probably illegally, & managed to get her inside, & left her seated waiting for the nice lady. She will have got a taxi home. I wrote her a list, in red pen, of where to put these papers back, so that she is spared a bit more chaos.

All this made me late for Mass, but so be it. Church was almost full, but I did catch sight of 3 children, beautifully turned out, but sporting bare legs & sparkly flip-flops… Made me shiver in me boots

The Priest was onna roll, it seems, & I was marked with such a big cross on my forehead that I had to lift my Middle 'Normous Nat up to get it all on.

I left with a sooty monobrow with an odd line not quite down the middle

Hey Ho

Have had enuff for the moment
2 death certificates inna week was abit much.

Subsides onto Chaise

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Ah yes; just making sure there was no cheese at the bottom.

6 Likes

[pourity] forran Carinthia in Need.

6 Likes

But those seem to be Quite The Thing these days, Dere.

As you say, a bit ovvan morning.
Hugs
Gxx

5 Likes

Hail storm now

Think I’ll lie down forra while

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Very sunny here and clear skies all afternoon. I don’t trust it…

I went to the Warfarin clinic today (bluds were fine) and on the way back I passed a wide verge on which there was a huge drift of snowdrops, plus a clump of daffodils, with a white-blossomed bush above them. A week ago I saw cherry-trees in blossom, in London. The time is probably out of joint.

On return to the house I put on the wupeen with (among other things) the bowl of the Great Beast in it after the abortive outing that had last time I used it. Because there was no particular urgency for anything in it, I put it on the EcoWash, which takes hours but is absolutely certain to get things clean. No sooner had I done so than the Beast’s new part arrived (Gosh: about twenty-four hours after I rang Kenwood up and told them what had happened!) and I am now sitting waiting for the wupeen to finish so I can see whether the new lid fits and works. Life, eh?

6 Likes

Ah, that well known Summon Delivery spell. Summon Bus works too: you need a fag and a lighter, but it has to be a pre-made fag that you can’t put out.

6 Likes

Ah! Remember the good old days when that trick worked for Summon My Dinner when the service was slow in a restaurant?

6 Likes

Summon Bus is still powerful, I can attest.

6 Likes

Aaaah. The Ash Wednesday’s of smudged, chocolate-free, big lumps of ash of the forehead.

It rarely lasted the whole of lent though.

7 Likes

It used to be a smudged thumbprint, but they really go for it now.
Black & gritty, like Picasso on a bad day…

I slept for 2 hours but still feel a bit ‘Semi-detached’

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Helping bereaved people cope with the added strains of paperwork and legal stuff can be quite exhausting, Carinthia. Fuzzy hugs from yer bee.

The Propagator arrived! So did two plant pots that Mr Bee ordered. They were to house two Hebes. Past tense. They are HUGE, cube-shaped and of a ghastly shade of grey (stoppit) and must Go Back. I left the decision to Himself…

We have fizz! And a crispy butterbean, kale and tomato extravaganza with a broccoli side. We know how to live.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Back when I got ashed it wuz a finger smudge at best, gone in half an hour.

While driving just now I realised that what I really want to eat is a fresh buttered croissant. Chance of getting one before this whim fades: zero.

6 Likes

Adult existence, I’m afraid, Hedgers.
Where is Twellsy?

Soo xx

5 Likes