So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Have just returned from Aldi for (ahem) store-cupboard essentials and I’m glad to be indoors. Miserable weather: 3°C, windy and sleeting. Bleugh.

Armers, I laughed at your description of the expounding excessive engineer. I fear that he may just bore the floodwaters into submission.

Soo xx

7 Likes

7 Likes

I remembered that I used to enjoy knitting. I still do enjoy knitting.

I had forgotten that I used to hate sewing all the bits of completed knitting together.

Tedious, fiddly, boring!

One shoulder seam down, all the rest to go…

I must not allow myself to start knitting the next thing until I’ve finished this.

7 Likes

Next time, reduce the misery by knitting on circular needles with the Magic Loop for the sleeves?

7 Likes

I’ve never tried that but it sounds a great idea. In the meantime, the other shoulder seam before I reward myself with a cup of tea…

Or something.

7 Likes

I have shopped and am delighted in that I found a pint mug

I likes pint mugs and larger for my tea

7 Likes

I hate sewing up. My Norwegian sweater pattern, as I knit it, requires me to sew up a seam of twelve stitches length in each underarm, and that is It. I learned this on Aran sweaters from a retired Naval captain. So it isn’t sissy even slightly…

6 Likes

Wee birdie

You keep away from that nasty water

Fish live in it and some fishies have teeth

7 Likes

In that water, they probably have teeth growing out of their eyes, and vice versa.

7 Likes

Yes best stay with the Fish you know wee birdie

7 Likes

Meanwhile in Los Angeles:

8 Likes

SNORKITY SNORK SNORK!!!

I love that wee birdie

7 Likes

On account of its amusing Tweet, perchance?

Or the Gin supply line?

7 Likes

I shall found Tseeper and make a fortune off the destruction of civilisation.

6 Likes

You’d better get a Flappity on, then.

7 Likes

A lot of competition out there.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Not 'arf

Seems to be an permanent Hoolie here…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

The cat KISSED me when I came in just now.
Charged down the stairs and got ready, as I thought, for a bit of the old Bitin’ an Smitin’, but no - when I got down on a level to engage cautiously with him, he just reared up and pushed his nose into my face and rubbed his forehead around a bit. This is both very sweet and a sign of a feline sadly lacking in proper self-respect.
And tomorrow, he might even get A Whole Sardine (who just said I am easy? ah, hush).

8 Likes

I’ll fight 'im forran Sardine…

6 Likes

Blimey, Gus

Proffers 'Normous Pitcher

:cat:

Ahem

Koff

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes