So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

I well remember returning home after a late autumn holiday. The house was absolutely freezing and my first act was to make a cuppa. On opening the cutlery drawer forra teaspoon, the icy blast that hit me was breathtaking - literally. Do you have a hot water bottle? It won’t be good for you to be frozzed!
Soo xx

5 Likes

Should I be worriting about ye lot?
One is gloomy another walking and thinking about treadmills and another needs a hug or ten with a good electric blanket to unfrozz her

I have been knitting and cooking our national dish

I am waddling after eating too much steamed cabbage

5 Likes

Don’t worry about moi, Twellsy. I just don’t like walking in slithery clarts and cleaning filthy boots. Not much of a problem, really :wink:

Time for bed.

Best nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

3 Likes

I do, Soo, but I won’t need it
Am fine, just more than usually Sunday night-ish
There is, of course, a Candle burning, & I lit 4 (!) yesterday in Church…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I was admiring my snowdrops today and I was thinking of you cellerati while I was admiring the gorgeous wee flowers in ablue pot

I hope you understand my asking Ma Nature to look after y’all

I would sacrifice a 16 year old virgin but for the lack of virgins

5 Likes

You make your own Cheese & Onion crisps ?

5 Likes

Yes I have done that in the past

Our OTHER national dish

5 Likes

I’m sure I’ve told you before. Forget the cheese and onion. Smoky bacon Taytos are The Dog’s.

4 Likes

I have this afternoon discovered three packets of crisps in the fridge with a Best Before date of 08.10.18. I discovered this after I had eaten most of the contents of the first packet. I may die, or swell up and turn purple, or something… They tasted just the way that crisps do, though, so I suspect they are not in fact organic at all and one could keep them for ten years, or ten thousand.

6 Likes

Hmm

I have had crisps which have tasted ‘musty’ a week after the sell -by date.
It must be keeping them in the 'fridge…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

If a red sky at night is a shepherd’s delight and a red sky in the morning is a shepherd’s warning, what does it mean when you get both? In spectacular fashion too.

I was just wondering.

8 Likes

Schism and strife among the sheep communities, I should think.

8 Likes

Gosh, I actually know the answer to this. It rests on the assumption that you’re in the middle latitudes, and that therefore weather is basically moving west to east. A red sky indicates a relatively high-pressure area, because downward motion from high pressure clashes with upward motion from convection and all the soot, dust, etc., that’s in the air gets concentrated near the ground.

So red sky at night (i.e. at sunset) is in the west, which means there’s a high-pressure area on the way towards you, which means good weather. Red sky in the morning, in the east, means a high has passed you and a low is on the way. Night followed by morning probably means that the high passed across you overnight.

yardarm

7 Likes

Doesn’t Ellin Vannin have a fine line in sheep with 4 horns to ensure they are defended from all factions in a row?

7 Likes

Much easier:

7 Likes

Such a bellicose animal yer average sheep!

Bacon butty?

6 Likes

Very good explanation feathered one.

In the summer months I think it also means you didn’t get much sleep.

8 Likes

But at the moment high pressure is parked over us due to the jet stream having taken a swing north over the Atlantic allowing very high pressure to build and thus we are treated to crepuscular carmine skies

7 Likes

Here’s a comment on the weather … it may be a tad chilly …

Ps the misorientation appears to be a problem with the Discourse app, it ignores image info available to it and won’t allow manual orientation. Bah humbug

9 Likes

Thanks for that, I have learned something. We’ve had wonderful red skies both night & morning for 3 days now, so I guess that’s either a series of high pressure areas passing overnight or one large high pressure area sitting over us. Maybe.

But only imagine how spectacular it is when they fight each other. You wouldn’t want to get in the way.

7 Likes