So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

‘A dentist from Ballymena’ was the point at which I became incapacitated…

5 Likes

What a splendid site.
‘It’s Caspar David Friedrich’s picnic basket!’

5 Likes

Yer bees will do the walkies and return to enjoy that wonderful suggestion of yours, Hedgers.
Soo xx

6 Likes

…mmmmm, someone say “Garlic”?

…yersshhh pleassshhhhh! :kissing_heart: :wink:

7 Likes

I have been mulling over the problem of the hedge at the front. I have electric hedge shears, but can’t lift them ATM, & the hand shears prolly need sharpening.
Anyhoo

I heard a noise at lunchtime, & saw NDN with his electric shears clipping my side.

Problem solved!

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

For those with hayfever, have a look at this.

You needn’t be a Twit, you can still open & read, just not respond.

6 Likes

Dunnock, you are not wrong… < surveys domestic squalor with a satisfied grinnity >

6 Likes

There must be something in the air, Dahlink. The exact same thing is under way here. It’s so very kind of him.
Gxx

6 Likes

Great, isn’t it? Mine brings the bins back too.
I have looked at my hand shears again, & am not sure that I would get very far with them. They seem heavy too, & my grip is pretty rubbish these days.

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Mine are rusted to buggery after being left out for a time for Reasons. What the back garden needs now is a machete*. I feel much the same. Maybe I should treat us both.

• *either that or a small but intense forest fire
6 Likes

Have you considered Agent Orange?

6 Likes

Yearningly and at great length, dear. Amazon seem not to do it, though

6 Likes

Stone and concrete are our answers to weeds

Apropos traybakes I have the recipe for the ultimate mix of caramel suggestive biccies walnuts and milk OR dark chocklit

people adored them in my wee cafe

Folk even ordered them and came back to collect em

Yrs a woman dragged up as a Methodist with numerous suppers and sales of work that needed supplying by the congregation

Grandma appointed moi as her stand-in

And the Woman’s Institute and the Orinj Order…

7 Likes

And for today’s whinge…

Why can’t I have a blackbird or a thrush singing just outside the window at this time every evening? Why do I have to put up with a sodding great tit? It is driving me bonkers - I have never felt more in need of a shotgun.

6 Likes

Fair enough in the arse-end of beyond, where there is plenty of wild green around for creatures. Less so in suburban or urban environments, imo.

< contemplates purchase of flamethrower & chainsaw, then wonders about how to address the Garden Problem >

6 Likes

Oh yes… annoying little bleeders, those

6 Likes

I like all my tits and finches

We have an acre more or less so the terrace and drive and my one potager bed leave loads for the birds

Speaking of which

Dunnock

Your family are very welcome

BUT not in my bay tree

I do not want guano in my food

And rent would be appreciated - the estuary tseeep give them away

7 Likes

Exactly!

7 Likes

Could be worse, TFM: could be a bleeding pigeon. Coo, coo, caroo, coo, coo, caroo, cuk. Rinse and repeat.

(If you shoot a pigeon in the beak with a water-pistol containing detergent, it never comes back. In my defence, the damn bird had been on my windowsill making that gawmless noise for over an hour, and I had flapped at it extensively more than once, whereat it decamped and then came back again…)

6 Likes

“Oh good, maybe something’s eaten it.”
“Caroo, caroo, caroo…”

6 Likes