So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Afternoon All

Itizz Bluddy Cold, Dark & Raining here

30 minute delay at my Orsepiddle appointment, but all seems to be as expected. I need more blood tests, & hope that the Practice Nurse will sort that out tomorrow, along with the others.

I was reminded that I am supposed to avoid stress…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

…and gently squeeze their throat until they turn a nice relaxing purple…

6 Likes

That’s useful, Dahlink.

6 Likes

Well, clearly, in principle & as described but I have one. I’vehad it for years. I use it daily and never, ever, ever has anything weird happened.

4 Likes

So we went and bought a new keyboard to replace the one which had ceased to have a working space-bar, and we brought it home and plugged it in.

I was asked, over the link we have to save shouting up and down stairs, how it was (apart from “different”) and replied
“At 0th0e m0om0e0n0t it’s a bit weird, as y0ou can se0e.”

So I took it back and got a replacement, with the nice techie in the shop proposing to play with the first one and see if he could work out what it was doing; he seemed to be looking forward to it.

The working title they used while writing Good Omens was William the Antichrist, Gus. But the Crompton estate absolutely forbade them to call it that. Terry says, sorry said I keep forgetting, that he did most of the Adam and Them bits.

Neil put in what happened to the other baby, in a footnote; Terry removed the footnote.

But then, Terry thought that the last line was upbeat, because he either had not read or had forgotten Bixby’s “It’s a Good Life” http://ciscohouston.com/docs/docs/greats/its_a_good_life.html

6 Likes

Also right shift, and many other keys.

5 Likes

I love the Them

And Newt

Basically the whole book is genius

Been to crafty group and may be squawking to the knitters here about where to add a bit to make my jumper long enough…

6 Likes

Has Mr Wells got his gansey yet ?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I thought that was still in? Wasn’t it at least implied that it was Greasy Johnson, the tropical fish being the clue?

6 Likes

Something I’d rather do without, on the whole…

6 Likes

I have just got the Bull to order boots for me

https://www.newchic.com/socofy-womens-boots-3599/p-1564000.html?r_keywords=

6 Likes

SOCO FY - the rallying cry of the true TA aficionado

5 Likes

[ chortle ]

5 Likes

The original footnote was amended.

4 Likes

Interesting. As I recall, as published it was something like “See? You were right about the fish”, which struck me as a pretty definitive statement. Do you know what it the original said?

5 Likes

No, because Neil was being loyal and wouldn’t say. In the copy I have, which I was given on the day of publication (I had read it the previous evening and passed the viva voce exam on it in the Chelsea Pancake House basement) there is no footnote to the words “You don’t want to know what could happen to Baby B.” And when I asked Neil what has actually happened he explained about the missing footnote there but refused to comment further. (I gathered it was because the content of the footnote had been deemed unpleasant.)

The Greasy Johnson footnote seems likely to have been a running joke. They did a lot of those.

5 Likes

Gaiman has just featured on the news. He used Twitter to drum up trade for an independent bookshop that had had a lousy day’s trading. Awww.

6 Likes

He is generally one of the good guys, really. Except that he forgot he had promised to get me along for the scene when they burned Crowley’s Roller, which was being done just up the road from here, and I expect he was simply busy.

6 Likes

That does take a bit of coming back from, imo. [grinnity]

6 Likes

Yes, well, I am thinking about it.

6 Likes