So, who wants to help... to perpetuate the cellar?

Pretty accurate, that inventory :wink:

6 Likes

[flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity] [flappity]
[pourity] [pourity] [pourity]
[peckity]

7 Likes

Me made pulled pork with me made BBQ smokey chipotle sauce on corn bread with cole slaw on offer here

Anyone want a share?

7 Likes

[swooooooopity][peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity][peckity]

[erpity]

(Why is there so much rubbish pulled pork out there? I’ve stopped having it off food trucks now; too often it tastes as though it’s been boiled to a pulp.)

6 Likes

Poor quality to start with, and then simply over-cooked until it loses its flavour.

6 Likes

Do y’all have any idea how hard I am sitting on my hands?

Good. It’s nice to have one’s efforts appreciated.
My next efforts will be: am off to wrangle neighbour’s cat.

5 Likes

Long slow cooking in a low oven, after starting it orff fairly high is how I have always made it, Dunnock. Wonderful crackling is a bonus. I ‘pull’ it fairly coarsely too.

The thought of boiled hot meat makes me shudder…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Am I too late? It sounds delicious.

Let’s just say I strongly suspected it. (On the basis that I had a little snigger myself.)

Right, could I ask you all to wish me luck, please? I have, at long last, almost finished my sweater (no, spellchecker, not my seawater - honestly!), the knitting part anyway. But I am not keen on the way the neckline has been designed, I think it will be v unflattering, so I have redesigned it and am about to knit it my way. Only I’ve never redesigned anything before so it could be an almighty cockup.

Lifeline at the ready, I’m going in.

7 Likes

Tenters Hitched TFM…

No help with knitting, though

Proffers Pitchers

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

That could well be the very best way to help with knitting.

7 Likes

I wish it every success.
Pitchers will definitely help. Ditto lifeline (dental floss is amazing for that, btw)

7 Likes

What a brilliant idea.

Anyway, one side has been knitted and held up against me in a mirror, and I’m happy enough to go ahead with the other side - but that will be tomorrow.

7 Likes

Oh hurrah! Also congrats.

Isn’t it just? Not my own, I hasten to add. Even works for lace-weight stuff, which comes in a bit useful - as you can probably imagine.

7 Likes

Does the knitting smell minty afterwards, Gus?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I once managed to find some which was not mint-impregnated…

The blasted Great Beast has broken again, this time in shards about the grey bit of handle. Bugger and damn, on the whole.

7 Likes

And a Sod It! into the bargain. What an infuriating nuisance. Pore Fish. Pore Sparrer.

6 Likes

Tonight’s tipple is a Double Brown Stout from http://cat-asylum.com/ .

7 Likes

Sounds good, Dunnock

What a Bugga, Fishy. Is it still under guarantee? I know that you have had problems with it before

Tenters will remain Hitched…

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I have to confess to mixed feelings about that, Sparrer. Making beer is a good thing; but so is giving cats asylum.
< ponders, swilling some wine which rather puts one in mind of cats for Other Reasons >

Nope, the bloke is a Cat Hater - says so himself. I shall therefore Shun him.

5 Likes

It has a five-year guarantee, thank goodness.

Bought at the end of 2017 and registered for its guarantee in January 2018, the top broke and was replaced in May 2019, and the top has now broken again in a slightly different way. I think it may be a design fault, to be honest.

6 Likes