So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Sympathetic “like”, of course.

Kept reading That Sparrer’s previous post as “Final Gateau”. Now I know why…

4 Likes

Boo to you, young joe. It’s something of a gateau ivre, for sure, but tastes all right.

+++ IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT +++

The Fishly-Dunnocks are back on British soil.
Hurrah!

4 Likes

The trick is to make up a fancy name and swear blind that it wasn’t ever supposed to be a cake.

4 Likes

Doused in booze and served with cream is a good way to rescue not perfect cake

From an experienced coverer up of mishaps

5 Likes

Welcome Home to the Fishly -Dunnnocks

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Hurrah, indeed!

One has been awake since 04.30, pondering the state of the nation’s translations. Three cups of tea have done little to improve my mood so I’ll call a:
YARDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!
to save That Bird the effort.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Morning Soo

Sorry to hear about your night

Pondering can be very wearing.

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Indeed.
I’ll have a shower and then go forra walk, before the rain sets in - really (we’re told).
Soo xx

4 Likes

I too am heading for the shower, then into Nottingham with BiL who has made an appointment to see his Optician.

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Here it is Soo

http://archive.met.ie/latest/rainfall_radar.asp
Have fun

5 Likes

As usual we’ll be right on the edge of it and probably miss the good stuff. (Met. Office says no rain at all; OWM is a bit more optimistic.)

5 Likes

For the record and to correct the Pythons, the highest point in Finland is in the Arctic Circle, on the border with Norway; at the border it is 1,324 m (4,344 ft) above sea level. It gets higher in Norway: 1,365 m (4,478 ft) above sea level. But it really is not a mountain within the meaning of the Act: it’s a fell, it goes up from ordinary ground level at about one-in-fifteen slope almost all the time with occasional short outbreaks of one-in-six.

They do have a mountain of their very own, in the same region: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ridnitsohkka

Does that look mountainous to you?

2 Likes

“Keep your temper. Never answer (that was why they spat and swore).
Don’t hit first, but move together (there’s no hurry) to the door.
Back to back, and facing outward while the linguist tells ’em how —
“Nous sommes allong ar notre batteau, nous ne voulong pas un row.”’

5 Likes

strong text

4 Likes

We were trying to save Our Fishy from trawling through zillions of messages, as I recall

See what I did there?

Am back, & actually having a drop (Imperial Dollop, Ahem) of Famous Grouse…

There have been some fraught moments today, but my passion for the truth, & my Diary entries won over BiL’s shite memory, & tendency to ignore what doesn’t suit him…
I may have another…
Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Ferking Kindle…:joy:
Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Well done, dere Chatelaine.
Another Imperial Dollop would seem to be a wise move
Gxx

4 Likes

Home-made pizza is about to happen. Dough made and shaped, sauce prepared. Toppings to order.

Also trying a cherry & chocolate chip loaf, though that probably won’t be ready till tomorrow.

Any takers?

5 Likes

Cherry and chocolate chip pizza?

(One of these days I should make the Seven Garlic Pizza again.)

5 Likes

Not pizza - loaf. Basically white bread with chocolate and cherries mixed in.

That said, I used to have a recipe for apple pizza. Instead the usual tomato sauce, yer common or garden apple sauce. Slices of apple arranged on top and IIRC honey and flaked almond. Must look it out again…

5 Likes