So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Them meeces ain’t got no respect forra Chatelaine. You want we should 'ave Words wivvem, break a few legs, get the message across, narmean?

:beer: :beers: :beer: :wine_glass: :cocktail:

5 Likes

Sounds and looks splendid, Hedgers.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Oh bugrit. Beer :beer: for our Chatelaine most definitely. Pore Carinthia.
I would also recommend a part-time catten, but she wouldn’t thank me for it.

A back-up Slammer, on the other hand…

4 Likes

There are more effective deterrents, you know…

and you get fresh eggses

4 Likes

She swallowed a chicken to catch the mouse…

5 Likes

Mr Soo has been rather horrified by the whole mouse/hen thang.
Brought up, as he was, amongst Rhode Island Reds (who he asserts only eat worms and grubs for meat) he is quite shocked. Bless.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Not as shocked as the cat*, I’d wager… (It’s worth pausing it on the 7” mark to see the expression)

*Or the mouse, for that matter.

5 Likes

SNORK!
So it was.
Soo xx

6 Likes

I haven’t heard from Our Chatelaine, so choose to believe she is having fun and being looked after. Hope so, anyhoo.

Tomorrow is MiL’s 95th birthday. We’ll be taking her out for lunch in Whitley Bay:

We have bought 6 Dianthus plants, a rather fine Aster and a bag of compost for her; she will love it all.

Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

6 Likes

Goodnight from a Not Quite Sober fish.

6 Likes

Oh goodness, wee Bee, I hadn’t realised you had a Rescue Husband… Did it take a long time to habituate him to a kind, human household?

With apologies to the blameless and respected Mr Soo, FoB elect, honorary board member, willing poodle slave and expert Bee-wrangler. Which is quite different from apiary. Or topiary. Urgle - stop digging, Gus, you muppet.

Gxxxx

Hope MiL has a thoroughly splendid birthday.

7 Likes

Morning all. We are promised heavy rain, hurrah! (I entirely understand that some of you have other preferences, and I try not to hold your errors against you.)

yardarm

wivvan umbrella over the drinks.

4 Likes

:rofl: Gus xx

Our Chatelaine had a good supper with friends, annalot to drink, she says. Still not set up with Internetty, but she’ll be with us all as soon as she can.

I don’t mind if it pours, Hedgers - got me gamp.

Soo xx

6 Likes

All I care about is our chatelaine having a good time

I have been to have nerve blocker injected into my head to help me avoid edakes

This is a good thing

Though thirsty work

7 Likes

[pourity] [pourity] [pourity][pourity]

6 Likes

Mraow! repeatedly, nay, frantically. PFO heard me on the phone wiv a fag out back and came charging up the fence, thought twice about it, charged up a different segment of fence and has gone mad and bitey and happy. He never used to mraow and call to or at me so I am slightly flattered.
From this you will gather that I am home having been most kindly and royally taken care of and entertained. Gusses do not come more fortunate than this one.

Tonight please raise glasses to That Fish and That Sparrer.
Cheers, me very dears

7 Likes

To That Fish and That Sparrow!

And to That Cat!

Soo xx

7 Likes

That Fish is safely back in the waterweed.

7 Likes

Always good to know where That Fish is, exactly.
MiL thoroughly enjoyed her day and her pressies and cards. She was an absolute joy to be with (terrible grammar, but icba).
Soo xx

5 Likes

Here’s to the Fish, the Sparrer and Gus!

:cocktail:

5 Likes