So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

A vodka tonic while watching shooting stars sounds good for sore tootsies

5 Likes

Dogme bugday.
G xxc

4 Likes

[yawnity] tseep

More proper English summer wevver this week: grey and cloudy and occasionally wet. Hurrah!

yardarm

5 Likes

Bacon butties on table

Extra butties beside the en sweet so wee birdies can reach em from the nest

6 Likes

[stretches out a lazy foot]

[peckity] [peckity] [peckity] [peckity] [peckity]

5 Likes

Itizz hot here, & my washing is almost dry

Feets up time now

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Are the feet feeling all right after the exertions of yesterday?

5 Likes

Not really, Fishy

I did far too much yesterday, but needed to push myself, IYSWIM

Toesies are still swollen, & putting on the compression ‘pop socks’ is going to be a nightmare, but I will need them this evening. It’s the ‘Alpen-Adria’ Market with food & drink & friends

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Ouch, dere Chatelaine.
I trust that you will enjoy the evening, toes notwithstanding. Not for standing, even
Gxx

5 Likes

I can always fine a seat, Gus , which is good, as there will be over 1000 people by the lake

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

If I am making bread, and my alarm fails to remind me that the dough needs to stop proving in the tin and be put into the oven to be baked, which is the better course of action:

a] say “soddit” and put it into the over fifteen minutes late, or

b] take the dough out of the tin, knock it back again, and put it to prove again, this time setting three alarms?

5 Likes

I can’t answer bread stuff with any authority, Fishers.
Peebles woz good.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Seen on the way out of That London this evening (and slightly enhanced since the sunset was on the other side of the van):

4 Likes

Too late to be useful, but on the whole I would go the “soddit” route, dere Fish.

Those might even be Words To Live By.

5 Likes

How are they on cats? Only Miki has dropped the O and is throwing his weight into being just PF, permanent fixture. Gah.
Woke with a cat in me armpit, ffs. Grinning

7 Likes

Equally too late to be of any use, but wot Gus sed. An extra few minutes is unlikely to do any harm, and may actually improve things.

4 Likes

Consider how lucky you are that PFO isn’t proving his worth by bringing you half a mouse?

yardarm

5 Likes

At least half a mouse is likely to be dedded

One of our horrors used to present us with live meeces which he let go in the house

6 Likes

One of ours used lovingly to bring my mother the front teeth of mice, having been hungry enough to eat the rest.

The first time there was a pair on the doorstep, it took a while to work out what they were and why the cat was so proud of them.

Gus, does the cat-flap lock?

5 Likes

Charming murderers of small squeaky things and wee fevvered things cats are 't they?

Here I have broken chips (bigguns) out of two front teeth

Deep joy…

6 Likes