So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

It did, but it’s slightly banjaxed. No sign of him or of mouse components so far today.

6 Likes

Tseep. (Translation: “Come and 'ave a go if yer fink yer 'ard enough.”)

6 Likes

Went to muck out the hens one day and found a dead crow in the coop - or, more precisely, the head and one wing of a crow; I didn’t care to speculate on where the rest had gone. This, by the way, was in the early days; we had just two chooks at the time.

5 Likes

PFO now present, sans rodents.
I am not worth even half a mouse, seemingly.

6 Likes

Am back

Have been to a 60th Birthday Party - one of my very special Volunteer Firemen

100 ovvus had Roast Pork, Sliced Dumplings, Gravy, & Sauerkraut fer them as eats it

There were 14 different types of homemade Cake fer dessert

Live music, &, as this is very much a Slovenian/Carinthian hamlet/settlement, a Tamburizza group played, & there was some very fine singing too

It seemed very strange not to go to the Gasthaus though

Liberates Summat Strong

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Morning all.

Sweaty day here.

yardarm

6 Likes

Morning all

I am thinking of putting the heating on…

4 Likes

Furry little verminoid here and possessed of a hearty appetite. His people seem to be away and have no doubt employed someone to come in and feed him twice daily at vast expense. He likes company. And he’s a bit of an oaf but I quite like him.

5 Likes

Is he in the least use as a foot-warmer?

5 Likes

Muff, perhaps?

5 Likes

Leopards make good collars

As long as the leopard is still inside the fur…

5 Likes

And he’s Company.

Good evening.

Soo xx

4 Likes

I am considering the fate of a chap of my close acquaintance. He has been living with a diagnosis of cancer for several years, but the past week or so has seen his health plummet and he was admitted to hospital this morning with yet another inoperable blood clot. He has lived a full life, but has only managed a score of >70, so far. I propose a toast to Neil. He wouldn’t mind me doing this.
Cheers!
Soo xx

7 Likes

A toast! Here’s to him, and may he have a sudden recurrence of better health and surprise the doctors.

4 Likes

He has, by his own testimony, surprised the doctors for a Very Long Time, Fishers. I do believe that he has had quite enough of surprising himself, however.
Anyway - here’s to the best health we might hope for and a good night to all.
Soo xx

4 Likes

I have just been emptying the wupeen and made a splendid (and serendipitous) discovery.

For a while, I had been being very slightly peeved because if I put the bowl from The Beast into the wupeen, the water in the bottom of it couldn’t run out – think of it as a sort of H shape, with a very much shallower bowl on the underside to hold it against the base of the machine.

Just now the machine finished and I thought I would empty it before going to bed. There was no water in the underside of The Beast’s bowl! How could this be?

Well, cunningly disguised as one of the fixings which keep the bowl on the base of the machine, there is a hole for water to drain out through. It is not obvious, not even slightly, and it was pure chance which led to my having put the bowl on a slope and the hole at the slope’s bottom. Now, as long as I remember to put that hole at the bottom of the bowl on a slant, I never need to dry its underside with a drying-up cloth again! Yay!

5 Likes

Having read that, I needs an Medicinal Summat, Fishy…

Soo

There is a Candle burning here

I have had a very good, & long day, which became some what complicated

#sortitouttomorrow

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

To Neil! :wine_glass:

4 Likes

:beers: to Neil!

and I’m home safe and orf to me nest.

5 Likes

Taking the morning shift here.To Neil