So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Lots of loverly rain. Splish.

yardarm

5 Likes

I raise a mugga tea to Neil

Cold and showery here

Bacon butties ready

And fresh crusty loaves hot from the oven

6 Likes

Best to Neil and if this is the one he can’t get past may he feel that he did his bit.

I have just had 4 days in that London. Busy old place innit !?

6 Likes

Splishy here too. And it would be heartless to hoof a pore hard-working cat out to dissolve, wouldn’t it?

6 Likes

My Sudden daughter arrives shortly and is going camping.

6 Likes

Gawds. Intrepid, I call that.
Hope she has a good time despite the wet.

6 Likes

Yerra gert sucker, Wor Gus. At the very least you ought to check the beast’s timesheet.

6 Likes

Sudden Daughter is made of much stronger stuff than most ovvus, I feel. Speaking of such super-human types - Neil is much better, today. He’ll be staying in hospital while his meds are sorted and then back out for more palliative care. Thank you, all, for your kindness.

Given the weather forecast for hereabouts, I decided against an excursion and instead made an enormous cauldron of minestrone soup.

Soo xx

6 Likes

I lurve the edit facility on this Board.

5 Likes

Ah. That is known locally as 'Mummy’s ‘Orrible Stew’. Cheers, kid.

Good news about Neil but I shall heft another glass in his general direction: one cannot be too careful, I feel…
Gxx

5 Likes

Sorry for stirring up stuff, Gus xx
Yes - I shall raise a glass too.
Cheers!
Soo xx

5 Likes

I have dropped off Sudden Daughter at her festival, pausing at the gate to pick up two people with a Lot of gear which they were going to have to schlep a mile or so to the campsite – I wished I had used Glorious Skoda instead of Mini, for a moment, but she had room for them on a short haul – and as we arrived the rain stopped and the sun came out. The forecast for the weekend is for no rain, but no sun either.

Good to hear Neil is improved, but still going on keeping Good Thoughts going his way.

5 Likes

We, and he, just want his life to be as good as it possibly can be.
Soo xx

5 Likes

I have been considering which eatery might be best for a meet-up with DS and DiL on Saturday. They favour trendy places with cocktails on offer, I don’t, but go along wivvit. Mr Soo has put his foot down and insists that I should have first choice of venue this time (given that my hugely preferred option is sushi and this has been largely poo-pooed by the younguns). So - Turkish it is! Maybe…
http://ottomanturkish.co.uk/
I am interested to know which types of cuisine are preferred by Cellarites.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Shellfish … we just had 3 nights of it in That London.

But, otherwise, I like the whole concept of "small plates’, whether tapas, mezze or less aligned versions.

Oh … & pizza.

… & Chinese

… & fish and chips. Let’s not forget fish & chips.

5 Likes

I like food too, Armers :wink: DS is similarly unfussy, OH is not quite so unfussy (peskytarian) and DiL is a very fussy vegetarian - doesn’t like mushrooms and lots of other stuff. Generally, I’ll just go wherever, as I really don’t care so long as everybody is happy, but Mr Soo wants me to have my choice.
Soo xx

3 Likes

Turkish is good; also good Chinese, good Indian, and good English.

Not necessarily in that order.

Tasting menus suit me well, because I don’t have a huge appetite for a single dish and there are lots of things I enjoy eating. My idea of bliss is the Viking buffet on the Mariella or the Gabriella between Helsinki and Stockholm: you help yourself to lots of different dishes (twenty or thirty main course and about fifteen pudding) with no limit on how much you eat and drink (three wines, four beers, several fruit juices, milk, water and coffee) in the I think it is two hours they allow for each sitting. That is all essentially Scandinavian foods, with a few nods to other countries; on one of them (I think it was Mariella) there were five sorts of herring this year.

5 Likes

That is my idea of heaven, Fishers. I concur re tasting menus, as I can similarly become satiated by single dishes - tapas can be good.
Soo xx

4 Likes

A fussy vegetarian who doesn’t like mushrooms !!!

Is she under warranty ? Can she be taken back ?

6 Likes

She’s a Keeper, Armers.
Carinthia would tell you that I make a pretty good mushroom and ale pie (Newcastle Broon, of course) and I first learned of DiL’s mushroom aversion serving this up at our dining table. Vine leaves, seaweed, Quorn (well, fair enough) - she hates them all. She is just uber fussy and I am used to it.
Soo xx

5 Likes