So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Soo

Don’t ferget it

You make a stonkingly good mushroom & ale pie, BTW . No-one would know that there was no meat innit

It has been a bittovan day here,& I am very tired, but much has been achieved

Spar had an offer of 25% orff all Beers, so 2 crates of Puntigamer (in Bottles) were purchased by a friend, on my behalf.When the Noo Awning comes it will be all hands to the pump, & my Styrian friends from the Sexy Strasse will only drink bottled beer from Styria

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Well, one of them was veggie fake herring.

5 Likes

:scream::scream::scream:

For vegetarian pescatorians I assume.

I struggle to get past all this faddy eating.

5 Likes

Cousin of mine is Veggie, 'cos she doesn’t like the taste of meat

She won’t eat Fake Bacon or owt like that

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Well, dere, I had a small conviction vegetarian who didn’t like vegetables (and who was painfully thin to start with). There is a limit to the number of boiled eggs one can in all conscience allow…
Gahhhh. And peanut butter sandwiches. Gxxx

5 Likes

“Doesn’t like the taste of meat” is fairly strange when you look at it: meat does not all taste the same, and the different ways of preparing meat taste different from each other, so it’s a bit of a blanket condemnation.

I mean, I can tell pork from lamb from bacon, no bother at all, and sausage is nothing like veal stew…

… and some veg taste better to me that others, and different preparations make a lot of difference. Boiled carrots versus carrot baked slowly in butter, for instance. Boiled, fried or baked parsnip.

4 Likes

Yes, but I think one could reliably tell if something were meat or not, blindfold, and am Herefordshire ready to believe in a blanket dislike.

Herefordshire should be therefore, btw. Balzac!

5 Likes

So you reckon it is a textural thing?

Oh, I’d probably better call a

yardaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarm

while I'm here.
4 Likes

I am in the Hotel trying to top up me Dongle, so will be older & greyer by the time I have finished

And thirstier, no doubt…

Lines up Pitchers

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I appear to have managed it without the sky falling in, or anyone having to telephone for me!

Am going outside for a celebratory ====#~~

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Yay Carinthia!

Celebratory slammers?

4 Likes

Please, Fishy

I do try very hard to manage everything myself, but sometimes the system defeats me !

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Favourite foods

Chinese

Indian

Greek/Middle east

Good British

Some N African

Am learning carribean stytle

Very very little American

My sort of foods

Lots of little bits of all sorts of stuff

And leave room for cheeses

6 Likes

slammers for them as wants them.

5 Likes

There is definitely a textural aversion in some cases, but I also think there is a, oh, I dunno, familial maybe, underlying taste common to all mammalian flesh which those who like meat don’t perceive but which the others identify and dislike.

5 Likes

Wise words, Twellsy

5 Likes

“Have you accepted cheeses into your life?”

5 Likes

“I am the Whey, the Truffello and the Livarot…”

5 Likes

Thinking of cheese, I made a sliced tomato, mozzarella, basil, olive oil and balsamic vinegar salad to go with leek and chestnut risotto, tonight. It was good.
The younguns have decided that Turkish is the way to go, for lunch tomorrow. We’ll have friends x 3 visiting in the evening to discuss another friend’s health,
Soo xx

5 Likes