So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

A happy time is clearly being had, Twellsy, and I raise a glass to you and your company.
Our Middle House (of Top, Middle and Bottom fame) became an Asian restaurant a while ago. At the time it seemed bonkers, in such a small village, but we are doubling in size inna vigorous fashion.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Blerg. People coming over tomorrow whom I like, and I don’t want to be all blerg at them.

:zzz:
:bird:

5 Likes

G 'night tiddly tseep
A Spadger needs its sleep…

5 Likes

Pah.

Meanwhile the house is stirring (porridge, mostly) and it’s time forra

yardarm

6 Likes

3 Likes

I went to a Polish Supermarket yesterday, having been advised by the man who sells me vape juice that he was told it is the dog’s bollocks. It happened that the vape shop was having a 50% sale on all juice this week, so obviously I went there before it was over (and I got £47.97-worth of juice for £18.16 on one offer, £20-worth for a tenner on another and £18.99-worth for £9.50 on a third, and then got charged £40 because I didn’t have 66p and he didn’t have change for £20, or so he claimed…), and I planned to go on to a small Polish shop I know up the hill from there until I was given this unsolicited testimonial when I said “smoked sweet paprika powder”… It happens that the supermarket (which is new) is actually closer to the vape shop, but in a different direction so I wouldn’t have passed it on the way.

He was right, it is, and I bought some przyprawa do gulaszu, so the dear people who are coming over today – one of whom is a vegetarian – will be fed mushroom goulash for late lunch. I also got a lot of Ends from various hams and sausages, being sold in bags at the end of the day, which will go nicely on new bread when that is made.

A successful sort of razzia, on the whole.

3 Likes

Yumski!

I made an Apple Cake yesterday and it didn’t break when disentinned. Because it wouldn’t have mattered if it did.

4 Likes

My rule of thumb is that any place which advertises craic probably doesn’t have it. But things may differ in Proper Ireland.

Yum!

5 Likes

Proper Ireland is certainly not like tourist traps

I have been to a pub at a speck in the road village at silage time

Silage cutters weigh in about eleven in the evening

One is begged to play a tin whistle so he borrows one

He then played the most haunting beautiful music ever played on a tin whistle

Then he addressed the serious issue of slaking his thirst

5 Likes

That particular place - O’Heney’s in Bansha - certainly did; one of my favourite pubs, back in the day. I used to play there regularly until I moved out of Tipp. Very sad to learn that Éamonn, the landlord, died earlier this year.

4 Likes

Commiserations, joe.

I wanna visit an Irish pub.

Red Arrows! Twice!

Soo xx

7 Likes

[much yawnity]

Long day yesterday but good fun.

yardarm

5 Likes

Chucks bacon butties on table stops to put a platter in the en sweet with extra butties to help a wee birdie get winter ready

Rushes off out for a day of busyness

See you all later…

6 Likes

I hope that your day of busyness was enjoyable, Twellsy.
My day was quite productive, but I now feel a bit unwell. Sore throat etc.
So - off to bed.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Busyness was all complicated admin for assorted allowances for my disabilities so no fun

Hopefully things are being sorted out by the powers that be

4 Likes

Our Chatelaine is very quiet. Carinthia dahlink, how are you?

And Bee, I wish you better. Sleep tight.

Gxxx

4 Likes

Just pulled off a small victory in a space wargame I’m playing on a different forum.

G’night all.

5 Likes

That calls for a triumphant rufflling of fevvers.

As long as you haven’t disrupted any continuums or buggered causality or anything. Mind you, I think somebody has, or at least not put the bits away tidy-like.
Goodnight dere Spadger. Goodnight all.

4 Likes

From elseboard

Sadly Peet has died

5 Likes

A Cellarly raising of glasses at some point.
Poor man: I fear that life must have been very little fun at all for him for some time. May he rest in peace. He will be long remembered with gratitude and great affection.

5 Likes