So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

So sorry to read that. Candle will be lit for him today

Yesterday was very busy in that 4 ovvus went to Villach for the day & sorted out the ‘personal’ par of the retirement gift . We wanted Photies printed on a cushion wot I had made. I was so tired when I got to the Hotel last night that I didn’t even switch the Waptop on

Big clear up today, & I fly tomorrow

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I recommend stayin’ low ‘n’ avoiding the Gurt Big Birds.

yardarm

5 Likes

My proclamation of possible Poor Health wozzabit overstated, thankfully. No sore throat, no anything. Yay!

I do wish our Chatelaine the very best for packing up and leaving Carinthia. Sufficiently difficult when one izzin rude good health…And, Twellsy, I wish you all luck and fair judgements in your allowances. I very much hope that you are not being forced to jump through hoops.

Poor Peet. His board was a life-saver for me, or at least mental-health saver, while I was caring for an evermore dependent Mother and needed adult conversation with my own generation. Mr Soo was w#rking, for most of this time, so I owe a genuine debt of gratitude to Peet. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam. (Quoting that joe.)

Walkies, today, around a local lake. I shall take bread for the swans, given that I now know that it won’t kill them.

Soo xx

5 Likes

(Right lads, now remember, you owe me for this…)

5 Likes

I’ll be sure to reinforce your message, Hedgers.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Can’t take the credit (It dates from just a bit before my time… :wink: )

4 Likes

Well, it says what I’d wish to, joe :slight_smile:
Soo xx

4 Likes

Agreed. (There are reasons clichés become clichés, after all)

4 Likes

Absolutely!
Soo xx

4 Likes

So they say.

4 Likes

I believe that Carinthia will be landing on our shores, tomorrow, and trust that she will be welcomed with open fins/wings/arms. Bestest wishes, anyhoo.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

4 Likes

Safe journeys, dere Chatelaine, and a welcoming flumphity landing. Wiv huggage, as well as luggage.
Gxxxx

4 Likes

On the subject of journeys, I am faced with the task of organising transport for the boss, who has a few pieces being performed in October. On the 24th, 26th and 27th, to be precise. I am of course delighted for her.

The problem is they are in Paris, Aberdeen and Vienna, respectively. The first two are OK; there’s a day’s grace. But getting from Aberdeen to Vienna in time for a performance at 8pm? If anyone has any ideas…

4 Likes

Blimey. Just her and a picollo or a team & large amounts of equipment ?

Don’t ignore Bratislava as a potential airport. You can be in Vienna in under an hour.

5 Likes

offers, on a Saturday:
KLM via Amsterdam
Flybe/Austrian via Manchester
Air France via Paris

Its search engine doesn’t seem to allow you to say “must take place on this day of the week” so check all the legs.

yardarm

5 Likes

Bacon butties ready to fuel brain work

A platter for a sparrer who needs autumnal fattening up to help it through the winter

A fresh loaf proving forra a chatelaine when she lands

I am awaiting a courier to take my phone and give me a noo one as my phone is a bit broken after it were dropped

Insurance is useful at these times

I don’t mind the broken screen but I do mind the fact that the phone is locked into portrait and I just cannot see that with the size of font I need!

Pore old crippled blind bat that I am

6 Likes

Crossed fins, I have yet to break a phone. Are the new super ones more fragile than the old-fashioned brick sort which is what I have?

4 Likes

I have now broken two phones

My clamshell which I adored fell out of my pyjama pocket in hospital once and nearly reduced itself to component parts

Then my large size iphone fell amere six inches onto the terrace and broke the glass and caused the lock in the wrong format

Stone and glass are incompatible it appears

5 Likes

Excellent suggestions - thanks. I shall start digging

4 Likes

It’s knowing when to stop that’s the tricky part, joe dere.

4 Likes