So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Blowing a hoolie here too. Am counting my blessings on the whole andwishung Cellarites peaceful nights and uncomplicated Saturdays. And pitchers, of course.
Gus xxx

5 Likes

A slow morning here, slightly less wet than yesterday.

yardarm

5 Likes

I know that this is prolly heresy, but does anyone know of a really decent Veggie Stuffing mix, that I can cook, & then freeze for the big day ? Other Daughter will be at BiL’s over Christmas, & her husband & daughter are Moslems, so I will need to get food cooked & frozen next weekend.

A Pitcher to help your thoughts…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Breadcrumbs and lemon juice and butter, with herbs to taste, Carinthia. It greatly improves the bird as well; the lemon-juice lightens it.

https://justaroastchicken.wordpress.com/2013/05/12/roast-chicken-with-lemony-breadcrumb-stuffing/ has one. I add garlic.

5 Likes

That sounds nice, Fishy
Have Bookmarked it, & I too would add garlic

I will have a think about it, as I will have to fart about with it at BiL’s, where the supplies/equipment are limited in the sense that he buys lots of Ready Meals, & I don’t…

I suppose I am thinking of traditional Sage & Onion ,possibly a packet, enlivened with the addition of fresh lemon & garlic, so that it tastes like ornery stuffing, but has no pork products innit

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

That sounds entirely reasonable.

5 Likes

I am trying to avoid conflict at the dinner table , even though I will not be there myself…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

You are cooking a meal which you are not going to eat? On Christmas Day?

5 Likes

No, I am cooking it before Christmas Day,next weekend in fact, & freezing it.

All BiL will have to do, is defrost it the day before, & then heat it up .

I will, no doubt, be cooking what The Lad fancies, which will not be Christmas Dinner, & taking it with me in the evening. We will, if previous years are anything to go by, enjoy ourselves eating, drinking & talking

Bliss

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I would start the champagne chilling now, but you know we’d just drink it.

5 Likes

That’s the way to go, Dunnock !

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I am Pondering adding some Pesto to this mix too, forra bit of ‘depth’

Itizz dark, & hissing it down

Again

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Chestnuts and/or mushrooms more than make up for a lack of meat, Carinthia. Tesco have bags of Merchant Gourmet cooked chestnuts at half price. Maybe something like this:

Just back from M’s. A trip down memory lane.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Have a Hug, Soo
I would love that stuffing, but BiL is the only one of his lot who likes mushrooms.
I will deffo get some of the chestnuts though
My Mother used to roast them & put them in the turkey soup on Boxing Day

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Perverts. Oh well, more for me.

6 Likes

No accounting for some, Hedgers.
Share, nicely, Dear.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Thanks for the recipe, Soobers, I’m making a collection of vegetarian recipes.

6 Likes

I have gazillions of veggie recipes, Janie. Just let me know what you’d like and I’ll send you an approximation that you may adapt.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Janie, Soo cooks the most wonderful, delicious vegetarian food , & I am a Happy Meat eater !

There will be Sossinges shortly

Some may even get eaten cold

Just sayin’

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

You reckon?

6 Likes