So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

“You should have seen the one that got away”

5 Likes

Nowhere near as photogenic though.

I watched red kits flying above an NT place near Harrogate. Flying amongst them were pigeons & a number of largish garden birds. I thought it was daring & odd, but reading up I found that taking another bird out, mid-flight is not their forte.

6 Likes

Bizarre pop-up ad #94:

Is there really much of a menu to choose from?

5 Likes

Having discovered that breast-feeding mothers don’t have to buy all the paraphernalia they peddle, the formula milk cohort is now trying to sell food to the mothers.

This is something they ought to have been doing in Africa instead of killing babies with formula made up using cold water: sell powdered milk for nursing mothers, who are less likely to die of disease from making it up wrong.

5 Likes

Going back to discussions 12m ago, today I saw that Aldi are selling turkey with giblets. Can be ordered, available from 19 Dec.

Just so you know.

6 Likes

In conversation with our butcher yesterday we were all of the opinion that folk only want the easy to cook things like burgers sossiges and chops

Though he was saying that he has noticed some young folk wanting slow cooker types of meats recently

We then chatted about the idiocy of spending all of December’s pay on over eating on one day and leaving no money to live on in January

He also said that folk like me who work to a list and menu plan are the ones he likes as he knows the skill is there to make his meat taste proper

i have a goulash in the oven for tonight…

6 Likes

Fanta what with formula milk and immodium the big pharma companies are really not doing 3rd world infants any good whatsover

6 Likes

Yup, it’s Christmas all right:

They have no discernable taste of either.

6 Likes

Have discovered that I really don’t like Pringles- whatever flavour they purport to be -I think that it’s prolly the texture

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

I thought it was just me who found Pringles less than flavoursome and texturally enjoyable!

6 Likes

I’d rather eat Twiglets than Pringles.

Mr Bee visited M, this morning and found her to be breathless, not only on exertion*. 111 was called and a doctor should arrive before 5…BiL arrived, for his scheduled visit, so Mr Bee returned home and we’ll show our faces at the Vicar’s Christmas ‘at home’ at 3, perchance to eat Pringles. Then, back to M’s.

Soo xx

*I have a theory, regarding this, but I’ll keep shtum.

6 Likes

Amazing.

Though I do hold that the plastic top for Pringles is the World’s most pointless item. It’s there to keep the Pringles you don’t eat after opening fresh.

Go on. How does “not finishing your tube of Pringles all in one go” work ?

6 Likes

Apparently if you dye every fifth Pringle, it’s easier to stop. There has been actual research done on this.

I quite like 'em, more for the strength than for the flavour.

6 Likes

I can’t stand Twiglets either , but then, I can’t stand Marmite

Gawds

I’ll be drummed out of wherever…

Soo, have Severial Hugs

None of this is looking great, & the seasonal complications aren’t helping

I spent 4 consecutive Christmas Eves in A&E with my Father

Have your Clementines/Tangerines in Booze been sourced this year?

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

As an vehicule for a garlicky pickle, or dip ? That works for me, but they are like sawdust on their own

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Have a basket of hugs Soo

6 Likes

Don’t really like 'em, can’t stop eating 'em.
So I try not to start.

6 Likes

Oh crikey, wor Bee.
Sending general good wishes and huggage.
Gxxx

4 Likes

Thanks, chaps and chapesses.
We have just returned from the hospital - M has been invited to stay. The wait for the 111 doctor was 8.5 hours (still counting) so we persuaded M that hospital it had to be (it really did, anyhoo) and we took her there. So much to tell, but M’s safe, we’re having wine and over to you, Dears.
Soo xx

6 Likes

Gin forra Weary Soo.

5 Likes