So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

The edake has gorn for now thank you wee :honeybee:

8 Likes

A welcome piece of good news, Twellsy.
Yahoo!
Soo xx

6 Likes

Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Soo

Don’t ferget it

I trapped my ring finger inna sliding door this evening, so am feeling very sorry for myself

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

More hugs, Carinthia! Blimey - you’re not having you’re troubles to seek, are you?
Soo xxxx

6 Likes

Owww! Pore Carinthia.
Pore Beely MiL. And pore, but happily improving, Twellers.
Will you Cellarite lot pull your socks up and generally thrive a bit, please. One does worry so.
Gus xxx

7 Likes

Otherwise it might be Healthy Food, and you don’t want that

yardarm

onna bright hazy day.

5 Likes

Bacon butties and fresh loaves on the table…

Extra butties for a poor wee sparrer on a dank dismal gloomy day here

6 Likes

Arg.

Drifted in on an American argument about whether you should have the standard Thanksgiving dinner food, or go out looking for new recipes each year. Both sides very firm in their opinions. Nobody prepared to say “you should have what you enjoy having”. I’m sure the same thing happens about Christmas dinners.

5 Likes

What you want to have at an important meal is something the cook knows how to cook and isn’t going to burn, over-salt, or otherwise spoil!

5 Likes

True, though if it actually is nice to eat the family shouldn’t mind an occasional practice session.

5 Likes

Of course. And if at the practice sessions it is unanimously declared not to be very nice, then you either take it off the pad or adapt it, if you’ve got any sense.

5 Likes

I adapted our Christmas Dinner after the year that Late MiL ruined the turkey.She misheard Jimmy Young talking about the turkey cooking times & switched the oven on at 5am & then hammered on our bedroom door at 7-30 to tell me what she had done.

She wanted us to eat at Noon, because Stepdaughter was working in the afternoon

It was like sawdust

Awful

I took a deep breath, & the next year announced that Christmas Dinner would be at 6pm. I boned the turkey & stuffed it with sausagemeat & smoked gammon - this was before the 5 Bird/3Bird roasts became popular, & Jimmy Young had no idea how long to cook it for… :wink::joy:

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes
  • Jimmy Young (American football) (born 1987), NFL wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers
  • Jimmy Young (boxer) (1948–2005)
  • Jimmy Young (broadcaster) (1921–2016), English singer and radio personality
  • Jimmy Young (sportscaster), radio host for Boston Celtics games

I’m guessing it’s the third one, but I can’t see why I’d trust any of these people to tell me how to cook a turkey.

5 Likes

Itizz indeed the 3rd one, Dunnock.

Late MiL was most attached to R2 in the mornings . Cooks/Chefs & all sorts of other people would be invited onto the show to give advice

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I have

1. decorated a Christmas cake
  2. made rough puff pastry
  3. made sausage rolls
  4. made small and potent cheese biscuits (ABCDs)
  5. made an apricot cake (not that one, Soo)

and am a trifle fatigued.
One knows one izza grown-up when, left alone with marzipan and food colouring, one neither eats so much marzipan one is liable to be sick nor leaves the kitchen like a giant Rorschach blot test.
How dull :angel:

6 Likes

Respect, Dear Gus

I take it that you are now in the Pub’

If not, you should be…

I have today telephoned the Rheumatology Nurse Helpline to see how my blood test was looking.

The very nice Lauren 'phoned me back 10 minutes later & said that the blood was great

Hallelujah

I discussed how I am feeling, & she said that they would be likely to increase the dose when I see the Consultant in January.They obviously have to start somewhere, & so low doses are chosen.

There has been a cancellation for January, so I will be seen over 2 weeks early

Result !

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

7 Likes

Hurrah, Carinthia!

Gus, I am Disappointed in you and I shall have to pour you Extry Gin when we next meet. :metal:

5 Likes

That’s the sort of disappointment I can bear, Hedgers.
[Thinks]
Yes - I’ve never fed the Spuggies in my garden - never.
[Waits for gin]

We went to the flicks, this arvo, as BiL was ‘on visiting’. Mortal Engines, since you arsk. It was a good diversion, followed the narrative of the book quite accurately, but couldn’t be sufficiently long to explain some of the intelligence. Also, miraculous recovery from at least one morbid wound. However, it was fun and I enjoyed the hot dog. M is much the same, today. We’ll make a better assessment, tomorrow.
Best dreams, all.
Soo xx

5 Likes

More Gin, Soo

Hope that you get some sleep

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes