So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Just an acknowledgement.

Soo xx

6 Likes

Oh Joe

You poor thing

6 Likes

Hope no one’s eating…

They’re going to bring on on the maggots, so it’ll be a week or so of that, then back to the vac dressing for another week.

What fun.

Then a reassessment…

6 Likes

Maggots or leeches do work very well, I am told. But what a complete bore and nuisance for you! Much sympathy here.

6 Likes

Oh That sounds horrible

But they do work and are much gentler than surgery

7 Likes

Flippin’ 'eck, joe.
I have seen both maggots and leeches employed. I spent a memorable (very early) Christmas morning trying to coax a leech from a pot - recalcitrant little bugga it was, too.
Sympathy from me, too.
Soo xx

6 Likes

by dangling the patient on a bit of string?

5 Likes

Immoderate Snork , Gus !

Time forra Drink, methinks

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Slammers?

5 Likes

Any beer going?

6 Likes

[flappity off into the Beer Cave Cellar]

Oh, I think we might be able to find a little something…

5 Likes

Snorkissimo, Gus! It wozza memorable Christmas Eve/Morning, as we had spent hours re-planting a patient’s thumb and the surgeon decided that we weren’t sufficiently knadgered and would enjoy the challenge. [Sound of violins] I got home at about 02.30 and was back to w#rk by 07.30.

Soo xx

5 Likes

You have my sympathies.

It’s not the procedure that’s the problem for me, rather the worry that they seem to be making it up as they go along; I’ve already had surgery and the vac, remember. Now they’re talking about leaving the larvae on for a week then putting me back on the vac for a week after that. It just seems like there’s no end in sight

Oh well - nothing I can realistically do about it, so I suppose I’ll just have to put up with it. Doesn’t make it any less boring in here, though…

5 Likes

Totally dire. I do hope that you are still desperately infectious and having to be in your own annexe rather than the disease-ridden main body of the place.

5 Likes

Indeed! And if not, a despairing cough or two might do no harm.

5 Likes

Yes please, Fishy

I have been waiting for a 'phone call from our Practice Nurse, so haven’t been out today

No 'phonecall

I 'phoned the Surgery & they said that she had gorn home, & that I wasn’t booked for a call today

Sigh

There is a Noo member of Staff who hasn’t quite got her head around the system…

Not life-threatening, but abit annoying

Joe, my brother had his vacuum boot on in Orsepiddle for 7 weeks
His problem was Diabetic Foot

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I am unworthy, joe.

I must now attend a DCC meeting and will regard the inevitable boredom of this as being well and truly leagues behind being stuck with maggots for company. Pore you.

Soo xx

5 Likes

A bluddy curse, but you could coach her, mayhap, Carinthia? It’s a tad too hard to bear, tbh.

I survived the DCC without snarling, but I am sleep deprived, Darling - and, I growled at one point. Bees have their limits, y’know.
Mine have been reached.

Good nights, all,

Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Darling

The Surgery has had building works going on since February, so no parking for patients & a certain amount of chaos inside, as virtually every area has been affected

I have just walked up the road to try to clear my head abit

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

Good grief Joe.

Properly making me think the Irish health service is as bad as ours … & from someone in Wales, believe me, that’s one very low bar.

Is this the result of discussions with Waterford ? That could become a phrase in it’s own right. Move over ISIHAC.

5 Likes