So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Pitchers all round, methinks

I have, this afternoon, written & posted 7 Cards/Letters of Condolence, so am officially shattered

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Yes, Carinthia. It’s the writing of several Cards/Letters of Condolence for so many people, on their loss of that one person that is so very difficult. I have recently done this (in October) and choosing the right words for each individual was so hard.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Indeed

I have written to his 4 Grandchildren individually recalling specific recent happy memories.

Other Daughter does not live locally, & it is very easy for her 2 to get forgotten

I have also written to Not Quite Ex Son in Law commiserating with, & thanking him. Victor really relied on him

It was on the BBC today, so there more calls to be expected

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

It’s snowing too, although the wet stuff
Sigh
Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

My kindest commiserations, Carinthia. Anna fuzzy hug, izz all I can offer.
Soo (otb) xx

4 Likes

Hugs and slammers, Carinthia.

Or would you rather have raspberry vodka, or vodka with some granny juice in it?

4 Likes

Suffering Squeakwins Fishy

1 of each would be wonderful

Quality Control , doncha know…:wink:

Thank-you

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

[quality controllity]

Yup, 's’good stuff.

Orf to me nest. Ooh, whirly…

5 Likes

Morning all

Saturday hamper for Joe and a hardworking delivery sparrer is the Saturday special
A demi baguette with a fried brekkie in it

A full on breakfast roll

https://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=breakfast+roll+song&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

With a malt loaf and butter with some apple and clove jelly a la me for snacks

A bottle of sloe gin to gently sip through the day

There that should keep em both going…

Now where is the sparrer?

5 Likes

Yawnity tseep.

yardarm

Buggrit where’s me gin?

That’s better.

6 Likes

‘Normal’ service has been resumed.
< waves >

5 Likes
I hope that The Ma is okay. You, too, Gus.

A friend of ours has been excused childminding (!) duties for this afternoon and has invited a few ovvus around for Christmas cake, cheese and …tea. I am not to mention the B word, azz one of our number holds views that differ wildly from mine. Still, with tea and no B, it should be a quiet affair.

Soo xx

5 Likes

All ok, thanks, Soo. The hitch was purely technical.

Enjoy the gathering
Gxx

5 Likes

In preparation for the advent of DDD, I am walking a little further and a little faster each day on the exercise bike.

This works better when me 'ip doesn’t decide to Go at about three-quarters of a mile! It’s always fine a couple of minutes later, but it messes everything up having to re-start. The machine doesn’t have a “pause” button.

5 Likes

I do hope that you mean the treadmill, Fishy

We all know the one about Fish & Bicycles… :wink:

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes

I do indeed mean the treadmill.

What I need is to be able to take the DDD for an hour’s walk every day while she is here, and at a reasonable pace, so training for it seems sensible.

6 Likes

Snork, dere Chatelaine. Also, behave! And that goes for the Fishly hip, too.

4 Likes

Here I am happily playing with my alpaca yarn

It is easier to do 4 ply yarn on a circular needle

4 Likes

Playing a game of bicycle racing, taking first and second places in round 1, second and…8th (out of 8) in round 2. Hmm. Well, we shall see if that’s good enough.

5 Likes

Very wise, Fishy

You could also split it into 2xhalf hour walks to vary things, & not overtax you

Anything which helps build up your strength inna steady manner is good

Mustardmitt to hanging my clothes on the treadmill when at The Bee Hive

Carinthia.xx

6 Likes