So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Hard-working Sparrer flaps exhaustedly to its nest.
Will no one help the wee birdie?
Emergency Gin Teams scrambled. Or shaken. Or chilled and shookit. I dunno: emergency gin protocol, wotever.
[havvan straw]
Gus x

6 Likes

Hmm - flying under the affluence…

Well, I suppose one bottle of beer won’t be a problem

4 Likes

bless us and save us, joe. …stamm’ aus Litauen, echt deutsch. And all that crap
But to be fair that looks like a dangerous bottle. I have a nose for these things. In a different life I might have been a bottle-nosed dolphin.
Or an azalea
Or slime-mould.
'S’a lottery, innit.

4 Likes

Have another Hug, you Dozy Bugga

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

That is a Slur. I is by no means dozy. I am wakeful.
But Hugs abounding, possibly rebounding (oof nooo, ooch, wouldn’t work, the reboundings betwixt me and the next bugga, dahlink, someone would definitely get hurt)
Abounding then. Or abundant. Or just hugs aplenty (see, this H&S stuff works at the micro level)
Mwah
Gus xxxxx

4 Likes

Have just read your sad news, Gus. Fuzzy hugs from me.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Nuffink wrong wiv slime-moulds. In the right context.

Meanwhile:

(via http://www.madameve.co.za/ )

yardarm

5 Likes

\_________/ <----Me Plate

||__D <----- Me Beer Glass

Forms an orderly queue for the Barbecue

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Unfortunately, it also proved to be a less-than-airtight bottle - it was completely flat. The whole lot went down the drain. :rage: Fortunately, I had alternatives to hand…

Brown soda (trying new recipe) and white yeast loaf will be available shortly…

3 Likes

\______/ <------ Me Spare Plate…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Forms a disorderly queue for bbq

4 Likes

Itizz absolutely Hissing it down here

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Brief rain here, one :goat::hamburger: left. If nobody eats it soon I will put it out of its misery.

4 Likes

I see that Carinthia got there first. Ah, well. It seems that a successful BBQ has been enjoyed.

We are in possession of the Poodle. She is being gorgeous. Her handlers have popped down to York, to discuss Wedding cake and flowers. Having woken at 05.00 every morning for many days, fretting about canapés and making them, Mr Soo and I have decided that life is too short and we’ll cover that caterer’s charges for making them. In case I sound parsimonious, each canapé will cost £2.70 and there will be 60 guests at the drinks reception after the ceremony. Dearie me.

Our Gus has been on my mind, all day. More hugs, Dere.

Soo xx

3 Likes

At DiL’s 50th last week, most of the catering was from M&S , as in their platters of sandwiches & mini desserts

Porkie Pies were courtesy of Watson & Brown, 'cos they make the best, & cheese pies were from Kate’s Pantry, 'cos she makes the best

It was delicious, there was no waste, & no member of the Fambly was knackered through fretting about cold plates/hot food, & the like

Life is too short, Soo

Time you had an Gin or 3

BiL’s no 1 Grandson is getting married on September 29th & I expect there to be flurries about that

The date isn’t exactly auspicious, but is the only Saturday available this year

I am keeping my head down

Except when choosing which Nat to wear

Obvs…

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

M&S do yummy party food, imo, and I’d be delighted if they’d rock up on the day and present the food in the gazebo, while the ceremony takes place. As it stands (and given that the venue is around 15+ miles from Embra - where DD lives) we need someone not only to make the blasted tasty treats/morsels/alcohol soaker-uppers, but to serve them fresh while we sit about weepily observing the lovely stuff. Nope - we’re sorted.
Soo xx

3 Likes

We have Gus at the barbecue, where she is being bored rigid by a Swedish friend of ours who is drunker than he thinks he is. Sooner or later she will Bite him…

5 Likes

I wasn’t suggesting it for your do, Darling - I wish I’d used it for mine, that’s all

As it was, there were 2 parties at my home - 22 came on the Saturday, & 24 on the Sunday

Extended Fambly & Outlaws

We bought homemade cakes from my catering friend , & she did quiches too

Everything else I did myself, from roast beef, pork & ham to haslet

Mr C, loved every minute of it, & consumed rather a lot of red wine before making an excellent speech

I was knackered

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Books ringside seat<
Hugs That Gus.
Soo xx

3 Likes

Last of the Sossinges are on now.

3 Likes