So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

How’s yer pump, Twellsy?

[starts pouring the Extry Large Medicinal for Carinthia’s return]

4 Likes

If you put me in annammock at 29°C O would ooze away through the holes. Twellsy is made of sterner stuff.

3 Likes

That’ll be my doing, Carinthia xx Thank you.
I await the arrival of DiL - her intention was to arrive at 2, but stuff needed doing, apparently. Nothing spoiling here, and Mr Soo is happily watching the footie.

Soo xx

4 Likes

Plumber has a replacement capacitor to test the well pump and is testing as I type

5 Likes

Oof

Grateful [drinkity], Dunnock

Don’t worry, Soo. I needed to see her & show her the Photies too

We had a meaningful discussion about velvet ribbon & I have bought what was required

I also took a carrier bagful of bubblewrap bits, & other packaging materials to the Charity Shop, so that collection starts again

Time for the feet to be elevated

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

I’ll just hide over here wiv me gin, shall I?

Some things Sparrer was not meant to know.

4 Likes

Joining the gin sparrer

I am supposed to be knitting an aran type jacket

It’s too bloomin warm to try and knit a winter woolie

4 Likes

Godsakes, woman

Are you completely mad ?

No answer required…

Liberates Pitcher

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

But folk like my individuality don’t they dear?

4 Likes

Heh!

At the moment I am

1] building a set of shelves to go beside the washeen and hold all the things that have Accumulated in that corner
2] knitting a scarf for That Bird
3] making a thin cotton dressing-gown, ditto, before we go to Finland and it is needed in B&Bs with shared bathrooms.

I do these three things by turns, pausing at intervals to hoover corners that Spot can’t get into, contemplate the tidying and cleaning of my room (Gus is in the spare room, the Other spare room has a treadmill in it, and the easiest thing to do is give my bed to Sudden Daughter next weekend when That Bird is away in Stockport and its nest will be empty for three nights so I can occupy it), contemplate the size 48" chest black Aran sweater I seem to have agreed to make before winter sets in, make food, read the Reporter, Peet’s and Mumsnet in a desultory way, and write the text for a webcomic.

This is made easier because whatever else the latest lot of medication has achieved or may be going to achieve, it seems to have sorted out my sleep patterns so that I am getting seven hours straight sleep every night and feeling rested, instead of needing about eleven hours of broken and unsatisfactory sleep and still feeling dozy in the morning each day.

4 Likes

That’s very positive, Fishy

I would put the Aran sweater on the back-burner though

For now, at least

Pitchers, methinks

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Large vats, and I am going to bed now.

3 Likes

Thank-you Fishy

I think I’ll need them- a burglar alarm has been going orff every half hour for the last 4 hours

I can’t see which house it is, but it’s at the back of the house, where I sleep

Carinthia.xx

2 Likes

I’m not sure that’s very good for them…

3 Likes

Back from boardgames. unperturbed by the Great Big Fire between me and the pub where they were happening.

3 Likes

Plaintive Font On

Have we had a Yardarm yet ?

Have spent the last hour talking with, & What’s Apping an Austrian friend who is trying to find a suitable awning for me

Plaintive Font Orff

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

YARDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!

(the damn machine won’t allow that on its own no matter how much I click in “OK” of its idiot pop-up.)

4 Likes

Tough but fair. Much like me Bruvver really.

5 Likes

Been pruning the bay tree

Am melting on my hammock

Need beer :beer:

4 Likes

Afternoon, Folks
<parrot>hi, everybody</parrot>

Following the viewing of the exhibition of the Victorian portrait photos, we’ve signed up for several of the associated lunch-time lectures that are being given over the coming weeks. They’re free-of-charge, but tickets have to be booked in advance.
<parrot>half-price for parrots; i wangled a special discount</parrot>
We’re down for talks on, amongst other things, the history of cameras (1839 to the present day), the techniques used in the mid-19th century for printing a large composite image from dozens of individual negatives (not trivial, given that they had no way of enlarging/reducing, and that they had to use sunlight as a UV source for printing), and Victorian stereoscopic photography.

A bit cooler here today - fresh breeze and scattered clouds.

6 Likes