So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

A vat of gin would be grand, Carinthia. I have just finished watching the highlights and will totter up the stairs wivvit well pleased.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

3 Likes

:honeybee: Can’t find a suitable Emoticon forra Vat, so have used an Bee instead

Don’t fall up the stairs with it…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

:scream:

Oh sorry - my mistake. That’s VAT…

4 Likes

Snorkity Snork, Joe

Do have an Nightcap or 3

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Hazy blue skies, and it might be a bit less blasted hot (today only).

yardarm

wiv plenty of ice just in case.

5 Likes

Today the shelves are done, and the dressing-gown is getting there (rather a lot of hand-stitching along all the seams is going to be needed, so it can be done anywhere really and doesn’t need a special sitting at the table with the sewing machine session any more).

Also it is cooler.

Today is clearly the day to clean my room and the bathroom.

4 Likes

The bedroom is now dusted, and there has been triage among the books: theones I want to read are in one lot of heaps, and the ones which live elsewhere are in two heaps on the bed to be taken respectively to “downstairs” and “the little book-room”. There is a third heap waiting to be re-shelved in my room behind the velvet curtain hanging over the bookshelf to keep out dust, and that curtain and its guardian guinea-pig and dalmatian will be shaken out of the window before being put back in place.

And then we have hoovering floors.

5 Likes

Can you set SpotSorryBot to work, Fishy ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I can indeed, but the corners he can’t quite get to need to be done with the suction bit of the big hoover first.

4 Likes

Ah yes

Corners

Bluddy nuisances, corners…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I’ll have some of what That Fish is having.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Here we have friends coming this afternoon to advise us about tree felling and :wilted_flower: pruning

I even have a short frock on for the day

5 Likes

Dons Dark Glasses… :sunglasses:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I am covered from knee to décolletage

Snuff

5 Likes

Snyff

Bluddy phones

5 Likes

Perversely, I am floating about (!) inna Kaftan which covers me from neck to ankle & am remarkably cool

It’s all abit ‘Harvest Festival’, but doesn’t cling, and, whilst my arms are covered, there are no sleeves as such

Have Flumped abit over the last couple of days, so Sorting & Flinging may be done today , or Sorting & Putting in the Garage until Later…

Sigh

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Don’t overdo it, Carinthia. You’ve had a busy time ovvit recently and although you coped admirably (even when your chum started flinging herself about :open_mouth:) you need a bit of quiet time, I’d suggest.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Hi, Folks
<parrot>afternoon, everybody</parrot>

Last night we bought ourselves a 26-piece mini-toolkit from the local ultramarket. On getting it home and opening it up, it turned out to be a 25-piece kit, with a conspicuous pliers-shaped gap in the dinky-little case.

<parrot>fortunately we’d put the neatly-folded receipt in a safe place</parrot>

7 Likes

Thank goodness for well-organised Parrots, I say.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Corners attract all sorts of inconvenient things: dust, Hounds of Tindalos, cobwebs…

4 Likes