So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Very late on parade, here.
DiL left us, contented with her stay. The Play That Went Wrong was great fun to watch. I’ll be having a lengthy lie-in, tomorrow, and am greatly looking forward to this.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Tame butterfly on my hand while I was hammocking

No need for dark glasses

5 Likes

Your pic, Twellsy, brought back memories of beautiful butterflies in Austrian grasslands who landed on my toes (daft buggas, some might say). There remains Pernod, Chatelaine.
Soo xx

4 Likes

And I’m officially cattled.
Best nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Pernod sounds good, Soo

I’ve put yer Gin by yer Chaise

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

…and tastes better

4 Likes

Yes Joe, I have only happy memories from Pernod & Ricard

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

You have memories after a Pernod session???

4 Likes

More of a pleasant green-tinged haze?

Orf to Sunny Stockport today. Last year the air conditioning just about coped…

yardarm

5 Likes

Do give Messrs Robinson & co my regards!

4 Likes

As long as they don’t run out of Beer…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Orff to collect my Prescription

29deg here…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Do not melt.

I am cleaning things preparatory to a visit from Sudden Daughter, due this evening, just not very hard.

4 Likes

I have shopped the week’s shopping and am now flumping and flolloping

5 Likes

I, too, likewise. Ours was a three shop excursion (Aldi was only required for oatcakes and gin) and I am now luxuriating in the relative coolth of the north-facing rear of the hive. A BBQ is going to happen, between matches (and involving matches, come to think ovvit) and I am Very Hungry.

Soo xx

3 Likes

Hi, Folks
<parrot>afternoon, everybody</parrot>

Just seen some potentially disturbing news on the BBC News website:
Gin festivals cancelled as firm collapses

5 Likes

We’ve also seen a news item about a listeria scare affecting frozen sweetcorn - followed the link to the Food Standards Agency website and e-mailed an annotated list to BG30’s younger sister, BG44, asking her to pop round and check the contents of BG30’s freezer.

5 Likes

Are those two statements connected?

3 Likes

Thank you for the notification, BG. I don’t mind about the gin one because I don’t drink gin much, but the sweetcorn one led me to the freezer. As I thought, Sainsbury’s own-brand sweetcorn has gone in the bin; I cba to make a pilgrimage there for a refund, using as much fuel in the car as the refund would be worth.

Though I do wonder: does being boiled not kill listeria?

3 Likes

I’d imagine that thorough and lengthy boiling might well do that - but the suppliers (or, being cynical, their insurers) might be concerned about the possible existence of an immuno-compromised customer with a preference for really crunchy veg.

4 Likes