So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

But the early bird also gets the hungry fox. By the time the late bird is out, the foxes have gone 'ome.

5 Likes

I went to the Llangollen Eistedfodd last evening to see Van Morrison.

90 minutes, a bit jazzy a set for my taste but still v. good though his diction is getting so that maybe we need subtitles these days.

Not one word between songs, 2 “thank you’s” and not even any introduction of the band members. It’s very odd, but that’s Van I guess.

90 minites, on the dot … but then we actually got an encore !! (& it was Brown Eyed Girl). He commonly doesn’t bother.

He was in a fine mood last night … positively laughing with his band whilst singing ‘Broken Record’.

I was concerned as there was a persistent 5% of the audience constantly getting up, going out & back with pints, chatting, moving seats … even front rowers.

I was waiting for a rant. But no reaction.

It’s a great, but strange, venue. In a beautiful setting, it’s a huge permanent marquee & at this time of year the concert played in full daylight. We left at 9.40pm & it was still light when we got home !

6 Likes

… and yesterday the kitchen was finally finished, apart from the two big bespoke glass panel splashbacks still being made.

Definitely one for looking at & stroking, though I dared to do a little cooking on it before going to see Van the Man.

![20180707_104133|374x500(upload://c5fGETALZGpQqa4ifM2q2iHLS20.jpg)

It’s very shiney & I’m just a little bit scared of it.

5 Likes

6 Likes

Shine on, shine on, Serving Spoon…

Ittiz indeed a fine and shiny kitchen, one that might inspire one to attempt a mirror glaze now and then

5 Likes

Very nice.

But I bet you’re pissed off that if you’d just waited a year you could have got JD’s for a song :wink:

5 Likes

Envious old bag admiring the strokable kitchen

6 Likes

Should have gone somewhere else, presumably…

5 Likes

Oof & Flump

Have just had a shower to see if I am awake…

Wedding dress looks great & the Fascinator wot I am Overseeing is coming on very nicely too

The kitchen looks wonderful, AS , and, dare I say it, cool. It was 32deg when I went out this afternoon.

What design are you going for with the glass splashbacks ? I saw one in a Poppy design which I fell in love with on the spot

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Aaah. No design. Plain but a sort of muted bronze metalic (less gaudy than it seems). A colour we found but was discontinued … so I liberated the sample & have had it colour matched.

A long 2m x 40cm piece and a longer 3.2m with half at 48cm and half at 1m tall, surrounding the big black extractor unit (which, btw, if I wore a wig would rip it off at it’s high setting).

Hoping that can be manufactured in 1 piece but it might not be possible.

5 Likes

Sounds wonderful

Slammers, methinks

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

A truly fab kitchen, Armers.
We’ve mostly been with local friends, today, and a happy time has been had.
Good nights, Cellarites,
Soo xx

5 Likes

Gin, Soo

Don’t go without it

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Have spent most of the day trying to reconfigure wifi range extenders to work with useless new modem/router provided to replace previous equally useless modem/router. Finally - at 1.39am, it seems to be working. Need gin

4 Likes

Pore joe. Emergency gin browsers have been mobilised and will be with you shortly.

4 Likes

Meanwhile I have unlocked The Cupboard & got you a Bottle to be going on with

I recognise a Genyouoowine Emergency when I hear it…
Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Much appreciated!

I have a stash of Boyle’s, if you would care to join me?

4 Likes

Feral likes the Unifi saucers, so we didn’t use the WiFi on the router at all even when we had one that did it. (In any case it lives down in the Techie Cave.)

Orribly ot night. Morning all. Time forra nice cooling

yardarm

5 Likes

Goodness

I thought that I had replied to you hours ago, Joe

Not sure where the pearls of wisdom went…

I’m a Vodka girl meself , thank-you

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Been prepping for a BBQ for friends this evening

I hope peach ice cream is a decent pud with raspberry coulis and a tuille

4 Likes