So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Yawnity tseep. Apparently it is not acceptable to wallow in the birdbath all day. Hmph.

yardarm

Carinthia, that’s enough temperature differential to run a fan off…

5 Likes

I come bearing fresh loaves hot from the oven and bacon butties

With extra for a tired birdie wot needs cosseting

5 Likes

Today I am doing me celebrated hummingbird impersonation.

3 Likes

I am lost in admiration. The mere thought of turning the oven on at the moment has me scrambling for something long with ice and a twist of lemming. That said, it is warm out and I have sod all to do today so can spend most of it outside, so this may be a good day to do a batch.

4 Likes

ittiz Too Bloody Hot out there, and humid with it (48%), and I had to go shopping and buy fuel and things, and now I am Moithered and Fed Up, and I still have to pack for tomorrow when we leave before dawn. Or something like that; I am not sure when exactly dawn is.

4 Likes

Have an hour orff, Fishy , put the Fishly Feet up & gather yer strength for the next phase

You’ll be far more productive

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

We are enjoying coolth, up here. 16°C at the moment and Very Nice itizz, too.
Soo xx

4 Likes

25deg in the office here (first floor)

Haven’t braved the Sewing Room yet…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Ta-da!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B005ERRM14/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Our Chatelaine recommended the above, so we bought one (natch) and have used it for the first time, today. It absolutely rocks! Chops onions and all sorts with so little effort and no weepy eyes. Cheap, too.

Soo xx

4 Likes

It was Fishy wot first introduced me to Kuhn Rikon knives, & I am most impressed with the quality of their stuff

I think that we need Slammers

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

[pourity]

[mixity]

[vanishity into ice bucket for a few minutes]

[pourity]

[mixity]

5 Likes

Have you got an portable 'lectric coolbox for your car, so that Essential Drinks can be kept cold on the journey ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Oh yes. It’s a bit of a faff 'cos it’ll drain the battery if left running when the car is stopped, but it’s jolly useful.

5 Likes

12v solar panel? No need to use the battery at all.

4 Likes

That’s OK for stopping a small packet of vaccine going off, but not really for a fish ‘n’ sparrer’s worth of food and water for a day.

5 Likes

Depends what you go for. I know someone who uses this sort of setup to power a caravan - including a small freezer:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/ECO-WORTHY-Panels-Controller-Off-Grid-Battery/dp/B01N1H66G5/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1531163369&sr=8-3&keywords=high+power+solar+panels

3 Likes

Fair enough - might give it a play some time. But not tonight, with an o-dark-hundred start tomorrow…

5 Likes

How much more helpful that would be if they anywhere said what size it is…

But I somehow doubt that it would stay fixed to the roof of the car at 90, even if it were small enough to fit on it.

4 Likes

You planning on tanking it then, Fishy ? :wink:

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

Who, me?

4 Likes