So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Safe travels, Fishly-Dunnocks. I wish you a fab holiday.
Soo xx

4 Likes

You have to dig a bit in the description:

Size: 39.3 x 26.2 x 1.38in (996 x 665 x 35mm)

Fair point about the car - the one I saw was on a camper van. (I know I said caravan above but that was me being an eejit.)

4 Likes

I’m off to bed.
Good nights, Cellarites.
Soo xx

4 Likes

Gin, Soo

It seems slightly cooler this evening

Thank Gawd

I too wish the Fishly-Dunnocks a wonderful holiday

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

As do I. They will be starting out right, wivva cargo of cold sossinges to sustain them en route to Furrin

4 Likes

And hardboiled eggs, I presume…

How are you doing, Dere Gus ?

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

That can be arranged.

In bulk

4 Likes

Cold sossinges is a Seldom Thing round these parts.

Orf ‘n’ away shortly.

5 Likes

I am grately improved, thank you, dere Chatelaine. Planning much horizontality today. Lazy cah that I am.

Gxxx

6 Likes

At Dover. It gets shabbier every time.

yardarm

5 Likes

What a thoughtful Spadger, to leave a yardarm before embarking. Or did Customs confisticate same? Wouldn’t put it past 'em [dark mutterings]

Now to stage a tableau of The !last of England to delight / bemuse yer fe!low passengers…

G xx

4 Likes

Doesn’t it just. As is another major exit town … Holyhead.

Yet the arrival points of Dublin (hardly the same, I accept) and Calais before it became overrun are really very pleasant. Or were.

5 Likes

Moaning all from Arfur-itis central

Appointment with bone quack tomorrow thank the gawds

6 Likes

Hope your appointment is productive, Twellsy. And belated Bon Voyage to the Fish and Sparrer.

5 Likes

Dunkerque isn’t too bad, though we don’t see much of it.

5 Likes

We orften used to sail to Dunkerque - felt as though you were that bit further along on the journey

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Many moons ago (when I was young & charming, etc) a friend’s son spent his ‘year in France absorbing the language’ in Coudekerque Branche, which really was the harse-end of the Dunkerque area

Another friend spent his in a room above a bar in Belgium, which was, unsurprisingly, Much Better…

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Have just been listening to the ‘Kitchen Cabinet’ on R4 , which is a trial, as Jay Tayner irritates the life out of me

Howsumevva

Barbecued Mackerel was mentioned , & I now have a great desire to eat this

I don’t posses a barbecue, but I won’t let that stop me…

Carinthia.xx

4 Likes

I have three bbqs

Want to borrow one?

5 Likes

I seem to remember that one of the Scandiwegians who infest our barbecues has brought mackerel more than once…

(in a car, hurtling across Germany)

5 Likes