So, who wants to help ... to rattle on in the cellar?

Bacon butties?

5 Likes

\________/<---- Me Plate

Carinthia.xx

5 Likes

Happy day when there is a yardarm and bacon butties to start it off

5 Likes

Helsinki is closed for a genitalia-measuring contest between two old men who don’t even live there. Apparently a sightseeing motorcade is more important than a few hundred thousand people.

6 Likes

I suggest a pub with no telly and wait em out there wee birdie

The fishy one could try to drown its sorrows…

Do fishly sorrows swim?

5 Likes

Not in Minnow End they don’t.

5 Likes

The dockside market was closed anyway (and I bet the traders are overjoyed about that) so we’ve wormed and anted our way through the Ring of Herring and are sitting in the ferry queue. 33° heat, but we have a sunshade and occasional breeze.

5 Likes

Gah!
That’s the best I can do, apolitically.
Pah!
Soo xx

4 Likes

I am going to my quack later

I am having nebulisers thrice daily and still wheezing

I blame the weather - alternating sun and rain with 98% humidity according to our weather station

5 Likes

As Soo says, Gah! and Pah! Sympathies to the Fishly-Dunnocks.
And also to a wheezing Twellers. I might even go so far as to throw in a Bah! for good measure.

4 Likes

There has been quite a run on Inhalers, according to the radio. The weather & pollen count is not good for those with compromised chesticles. 2 friends have had hay fever for the first time ever, this year

Carinthia.xx

3 Likes

Turns out the Bateau has been sitting off the harbour, waiting to be allowed to dock, for most of the day. One very hasty turn-round later (we actually saw the cleaning crew), fill up the fuel and gin tanks, and we’re set to go only about half an hour behind time. (Current estimate. They have twenty minutes to make it a reality.)

5 Likes

I have been diagnosed wiv a nifection of the chesticles

I wanna be on an archipelago where it is nice warm weather

6 Likes

Tutting and muttering from a Gusly direction.
Security embuggerances, delays and chest infections - these are a few of our unfavourite things.

Medicinals?

4 Likes

Not much of a contest, since one of them just announced that he doesn’t have an organ…

4 Likes

But there’s so much more…

4 Likes

I have had a bit of a disaster with dinner

Kebabs with a nice Indian spice mix and lemon refused to set

So I callwe it a meat tsung and we had it wrapped in lettuce with salads and flatbreads

5 Likes

They did get away within the half-hour, with three minutes to spare.

And, oh glorious day, eight sorts of herring for supper! Well, seven; one was a vegan fake, but even that wasn’t horrid.

And a little something for the Fish.

(Disclaimer: other foods were also et.)

This morning we have the Stockholm archipelago, which calls forra

yardarm

5 Likes

Bacon butties?

While I sip tea and wait for explanations the dishes shewn

I know zilch about Scandiwegian food

I do not like fish to dine on and the local butcher sometimes has red deer but never reindeer

5 Likes

A brief pause at World O Moose Related Stuff. If it has a moose or “Sweden” on it, you can probably buy it here.

5 Likes